Hot-Rodding Cost

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Hot-Rodding Cost

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Next time you're feeling the pinch of modding your SpreE-Lite, consider what it costs to modify bigger scooters. Big-Bore for a Sportster? Don't forget the ECM with the 7500-RPM limiter, for another $400.

Don't get me started how much money I've spent over the years... Scooters are cheap fun!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Hot-Rodding Cost

Post by bradthreee »

I started with scooters because it was cheaper than cars. Now Im not so sure if its even that cheaper since Ive started dumping money into the Ruckus. It truly is an addiction but at least its not a bad one like drug addiction. Another great thing about scooter parts you get some of your money back when you need to sell and Ive learned to fork out the money for quality parts as they retain more of their value.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

i've always heard you get about 25% of the money back from performance car parts. Spend $4000 on a turbo kit, sell it for $1000. ouch

Scooters are cheap fun. Find a nice Elite for $600-$1000 and throw $300 in it. Have a kick * scooter. or find a non running one from somebody that doesn't know mechanical stuff for $200, and drain the gas, put in fresh gas, add $300 in parts and have a really fun $500 scooter.

I was just fixing up this zx50 I got so I can sell it. I love my super 9, but after riding the zx50 and going back to the super nimble 01 Elite, it can't be beat. I get all sorts of people kocking me for owning 8 scooters. And I always tell them, my 8 scooters and all the parts i've bought still cost less than their 1 run of the mill motorcycle. Different strokes for different folks.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Different strokes for different folks is what it comes down to like you said.
I have dirt bikes and scooters that Ive spent more on their engines and suspension than a couple of my street bikes, but then again most of my street bikes are 60s,70s, and 80s jap sport bikes. Every time I go to get a Busa Im thwarted like I shouldnt get one, so Ill stick to my oldies but goodies.
I think after riding a zx50 any smaller bodied 50cc will feel more nimble, those zxs are pigs with training wheels. But you cant beat the brakes on them, stops on a dime.