What up from Asheville, N.c? .....

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Thebatman
BMX
BMX

What up from Asheville, N.c? .....

Post by Thebatman »

Hey guys, My name is Larry A.K.A. Thebatman, I am registered on several other forums. I have several kymco's, My lil baby is my 04 kymco ZX, which is a clone of the honda DIO. I am going to part out a honda in the for sale thread if anybody is interested in any parts.(It's a 1984 honda aero 125 2t).(which i am quite certain that the elite,etc. will interchange alot of parts with the aero). Hope to gain more knowledge on this forum for my ZX. :wink:
'04 Kymco ZX..going to 86.4cc this time
(50mm Ruima;44mm Crank;OKO24mm w/intake/4 petal reeds;Motrio15/42 sec.gears;LV ZX exhaust)
'05 L.C Kymco S9..Built,still not dialed
I had the fastest ZX in this state BUT..ATM,193lb. paperwieght.
motormike

Re: What up from Asheville, N.c? .....

Post by motormike »

Hey thebatman........wish I had an Aero 125 to ride.... :twisted: :twisted: ......but alas, I'm resigned to my Gyro.....You'll see me having some fun on here.....GREAT bunch of fanatics with wealth of info.....donate to noiseguy with support if ya can.....I like the Kymco stuffa lot....but am loyal Honda for the most part.....see ya on the funway...... :urban: ........... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :coolcruise:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Thebatman wrote:Hey guys, My name is Larry A.K.A. Thebatman, I am registered on several other forums. I have several kymco's, My lil baby is my 04 kymco ZX, which is a clone of the honda DIO. I am going to part out a honda in the for sale thread if anybody is interested in any parts.(It's a 1984 honda aero 125 2t).(which i am quite certain that the elite,etc. will interchange alot of parts with the aero). Hope to gain more knowledge on this forum for my ZX. :wink:
Not so much, but there are enough people here with an or a fleet of nh125 scoots that would be interested in parts.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Thebatman
BMX
BMX

Post by Thebatman »

Hello motormike and eliteguy50.
So i shall assume that noiseguy is the admin. man? I shall donate soon, we gotta keep these forums pumping...
(50mm Ruima;44mm Crank;OKO24mm w/intake/4 petal reeds;Motrio15/42 sec.gears;LV ZX exhaust)
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Thebatman wrote:Hello motormike and eliteguy50.
So i shall assume that noiseguy is the admin. man? I shall donate soon, we gotta keep these forums pumping...
Correct. He has a paypal account setup that can receive donations, I don't know if we can mail in donations or not.
Thebatman
BMX
BMX

Post by Thebatman »

Good morning guys.. I had registared here a long time ago. I lurked for awhile but i was thinking of posting the build i'm doing THIS time on my zx. Going to 86.4cc on this one. The ZX engine is a direct clone of the DIO engine
BUT, seeings how it's not a honda i cant find a board to post in. It seems a few forums have no knowledge or love for kymco or dio. If it's not chino, you get no input or advice. The kymcoforum is my 1st home but now i am the only "builder" there and of course it seems all forums have "lightened up".(all the reg are gone these days) Alot of ppl just post once and you never see or hear from them again(guess like my intro back then. :*: ).... SO, can/should i post my build??? If so, what board??
I would hope to get some input, extra knowledge or maybe even help out with a build.(did see some pics of porting here that were NOT correct to MY teachings)
Hope to get some feedback guys..... Thanks for looking at this thread... :thumbwink:
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

The scooter builds section is not brand specific, post a build thread in there. The ZX is close to the dio but not an exact clone.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Welcome back, Larry...aka Thebatman...waching for your Kymco build thread.
I got my wish as stated in the previous post.
DSC00608.JPG
DSC00608.JPG (165.17 KiB) Viewed 5869 times
.............Rock-on............. :urban:
RideRed
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

I would like to see a Kymco ZX build. Basically the only difference between the dio and kymco engine is the drive train. A popular mod for the dio is a zx trans swap. Kymco used to make parts for Honda but then decided to split off on their own
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Thebatman
BMX
BMX

Post by Thebatman »

Hey guys, thank you for the reply on this.. I shall begin to make a long 1st post then with alot of pics... :smile: Man, that is one CLEAN * AERO!!!!! You definately won't find that in "my part of the woods".. How is the performance on that aero? I will assume it's all stock.
I had read that honda claimed 55.(i couldnt get but 45 on an a beater). Still got the engine tho. :thumbwink: , (i had thought and have hopes to try and tweek it a lil bit. it should go faster than that..(only 5000kms on it) :lol: )
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

i want that aero 125.. that thing is suweeeet!! and welcome to the forum bro.. thats cool your from asheville i used to party up there alot..lol great town..
i bet mine is slower!!! now what??
motormike

Post by motormike »

After sorting the funky carb, top speed has reached 55 mph as Honda claimed. Only 891 actual miles at time of purchase this summer. This bike has erased any desire to have a faster scooter...on the street... :D
RideRed
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Thebatman wrote:(did see some pics of porting here that were NOT correct to MY teachings)
Welcome back and what pics of porting did you see that were NOT correct? Just curious.
I'd like to see your build also.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Thebatman
BMX
BMX

Post by Thebatman »

Welcome back and what pics of porting did you see that were NOT correct? Just curious.
I'd like to see your build also.

I'm not quite sure which board they were in. It's a LONG thread tho.(coulda been a admins build??)
I wasnt meaning they were totally wrong but i pics i saw the boost was way out of whack and not straight down the boost, they were "v" cut and half moon shape. UNLESS of course they went back and finished?...(i'll look to see)
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Yeah, see if you can find it.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat