Scooter Soccer

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Scooter Soccer

Post by motormike »

When my son was about age 10, he got a XL 75 Honda. We lived in a rural setting, and had a 2 acre pasture behind our house. I always had something small cc's, and we developed the game, Motorbike Soccer. Nothing fancy, just a soccer ball, 2 bikes, and some goal markers. Great fun was that, and today my memory was sparked by conversation amongst friends about games we had "invented". I'm sure some of you may have done the same thing. The whole scenario has also sparked an interest to re-visit those days with an organized "Scooter Soccer" league. First thought is to limit teams to 2 players per side, allowing for less chance of mishaps on the field by keeping only 4 bikes on the field at one time. Also, the playing field cant be too large so the temptation to get your bike "flying" is reduced. Of course, teams would be allowed more than 2 team members, with substitutions being implemented. Four bikes seems like a reasonable team size. I suspect this would catch a lot of notice by the scooter fanatics here, and provide for some awesome fun. The rest of the "rules" would be pretty simple. The season would culminate in the fall with a double elimination tournament and some trophies and such. Feedback about this is welcome. Would you do it?....could you get 4 scoots to make a team?.....Do you like the idea of having a scooter that doesn't have to be super fast, but you kick some * with it by using it to play Scooter Soccer?.........post-up...... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Re: Scooter Soccer

Post by wiguy05 »

Sounds pretty dangerous.
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I think that three per side would be perfect. That way you don't get bullied too much on the field. I would have a 50cc rule, two wheels, two stroke and leave the rest open.

if you were closer, I would be all for this!
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Scooter Soccer

Post by Carnie »

That sounds Like a blast. And I would think it would only be dangerous if you are "flying" down the field an collide with one another. But as he said, field size should remain small so that does not happen. Besides, you gotta risk it to get the biscuit. I like the idea. I think I could get four together. But I'm halfway across the states from most people on the forum.
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
motormike

Post by motormike »

....@ wiguy50....yes, it sounds dangerous as he!!....but during the one-on-one with my son, over 3 years without injury. More riders will translate to more chances of mishap. Anybody displaying crazy wrecklessness would be penalized, ejected, and then banned if corrective attitude not achieved.

....@ Majourlittle....3 riders maximum is also my thought. Some of this will need to be ammended as the actual mock-ups begin. 50cc bikes, with maybe 80cc limit....two or four-stroke was my thinking. trying to be more open to scooter size so that more people will be elligible to participate. An 80cc Elite is not very heavy, especially with non-essential items removed, and is still "doggy" when you're talking about short bursts on a turf field.

....@ Carnie....Hey, if you can get four riders, then there's a game 2-on-2. I'm thinking substitutes are optional but allowable. If a team of 2 has a failure, something needs to be in place to avoid automatic forfeiture.

Thanx guys...... :urban:
RideRed
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I figured with 50cc you have a whole slew of cheap bikes in that range. At 80cc you have a slighlty heavier bike and more possible lower end torque if set up correctly. with the 50cc catagory the flying bullet would have a lot less force.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

But the Elite 80 would be harder to turn quick so the 50 would still have trade offs if they played eachother. I agree with 80cc limit, it brings more to the game IMO.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
e-Pirate
Goped
Goped

Post by e-Pirate »

I would totally be down with this, I'd love to build a dumpster bike to play with.

Just an idea, you could have different size classes too, 50-99cm, 100-199cm, etc.
SWAG
1984 Honda Spree
1985 Honda Gyro S
1977 Honda Camino
1960 Alpa Moor
2009 Piaggio MP3 400
2002 BMW 330xi
e-Pirate
Goped
Goped

Post by e-Pirate »

Also, I'm a native to Huntsville AL, only an hour or so from Nashville. So if you really made this thing work, I would totally drive up there to play.
SWAG
1984 Honda Spree
1985 Honda Gyro S
1977 Honda Camino
1960 Alpa Moor
2009 Piaggio MP3 400
2002 BMW 330xi
motormike

Post by motormike »

e-pirate.....I have begun the stripping of my Elite 80....several locals say they are in....with the winter starting, scooters now being put in closet....interest will develope in Spring, no doubt. Not forseeing any more than one class for this....focus is the game safely played with speed being unimportant....keep your eyes open for updates and welcome to you and your team....... :urban:
RideRed
Wheelman-111

Scooter Sports

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Perhaps we're overlooking a Bonanza in Scooter-dom: Scooter-mounted Sports!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
motormike

Post by motormike »

....perhaps.....and just maybe if scooter soccer works here, the Bonanza is born..... :urban:
Scooter Soccer.jpg
Scooter Soccer.jpg (230.18 KiB) Viewed 5045 times
apparently, others have dabbled with the idea............ :evil:
RideRed
e-Pirate
Goped
Goped

Post by e-Pirate »

I'm actually away in Germany for the next couple years... But if you guys are still doing it when I'm back I'll probably use my old Spree, or my Ludix...
SWAG
1984 Honda Spree
1985 Honda Gyro S
1977 Honda Camino
1960 Alpa Moor
2009 Piaggio MP3 400
2002 BMW 330xi