Electric Bicycles

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

motomech
Goped
Goped

Electric Bicycles

Post by motomech »

fatcharlie wrote:I run a 35w HID on my Aero, beware though, the stator does not provide enough current to keep the battery charged once you do this. I get about 1.5 - 2 hours or riding before the battery will drop to a critical voltage for the HID (somewhere around 11 volts). This is obviously an issue if you are riding at night.

I'm working on a backup lighting battery plan using a 3S LiPo for RC cars, but there are inherent dangers (I.e. FIRE) that can come from using those improperly.
Funny you should mention RC stuff. After I sold my last scooter[Eton Beamer}, I got into Ebikes. This is my lastest coversion;
SAM_0675.JPG
SAM_0675.JPG (88.99 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
Nothing high-powered, just 12S/3P of Hobbyking Lipo driving two mini hub motors[2WD]+
Tops out around 26 mph with about 25 mile of range, more if I pedel.
It's kind of cool cruising around dead silent for factions of a penny per mile.
Not cheap to build though.
Attachments
SAM_0671.JPG
SAM_0671.JPG (33.27 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Re: Electric Bicycles

Post by stucinthe80z »

i also have a hid i first tried a anolog ballist this suck the juce. the digital last so much longer i also run 2 batterys on my spree wired to a relay. to let one charge while the other runs the light. also i have the tail brake and turn signals are led. i saved 25 watt for the brake 11 watts tail 10 for each turn signal 20. 56 watts tottal for 12 watts try this and i ithink you will be pleased with the result .
i also plan to run a full wave rectifire off the lighting circute becuse the you can drop down to 9 volts on the the digital ballist. it is still trail and error but the power is there you just have to figure out how to use it good luck