Which one do you think looks better - Elite or Aero

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

macadamia.nuthead
Noob
Noob

Post by macadamia.nuthead »

hi guys.my first post here.

i am looking to buy one of these scooters in my neighborhood. an elite or an aero. i have been reading several literature on the pros and cons of each of these bikes.

i have read that the elite has a lot more aftermarket parts than the aero. and that the elite can go faster for cheaper than the aero. although for my own sake i am actually not into buying an overspeeding 50cc.

but i'm wondering. just by looking at them, which one of these bikes looks better?

the elite?

or the aero?

please let me know. experts. :smile:
i have an evo - now i'd like an aero

May the force be with you.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Re: Which one do you think looks better - Elite or Aero

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

having owned the elite and currently owning the aero, i prefer the elite looks, theres just something about them that i love, the aero isnt bad but its just not as good as the aero in my opinion.
im going back to a elite for a few reasons, im 6ft5 and i cant really ride the aero comfortably but the elite is perfect for me, the handling ive found is better on the elite, i can do a 50 mile round trip on the elite without my back hurting but cant on the aero, theres more storage on the elite and this might just be me but ive found them easier to work on and easier to get parts for. ive also found i had alot less issues with my elite than im having with my aero (i probably just picked up a bad one), but i like the looks better on the elite. its all down to personal preferences i guess.
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

The Model name Elite says it all. I like the aero because they are old school. The Elites just look hot IMO. I have had several of each, I like them all in the end. Even the spree, my first scooter.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

here are my elites, 3 of 4 anyway. Image
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

:o really like the red and the black ones, not keen on the purple but hey, youve just given me a idea for my next scoot....... :smile:
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

What year elite is that? The early elites have the same AF05 engines as the 85-87 aeros minus the 85 aeros special and inconvenient differences. So parts would be the same for both. I like my aero a lot. I have road some elites but never owned yet.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
motormike

Post by motormike »

You ask for an opinion based strictly on looks..... :eyeroll:
All answers will reflect personal tastes of the poster.
I am divided...the Elite front plastics have very sleek and fenderless profile that is clearly SHARP,...
however, the rear of the Elite (pictured) is stubby, chunky, and is screaming for help,...THAT's why people seek the JDM style rear light set-up to convert their ugly American Elites to something more sleek and attractive.
As for AEROs,...I have very little to criticize...considering that I own 3 Aeros and no Elite 50
The storage under seat on Elite may have more volume than Aero's two compartments,
but I prefer the Aero's placement of compartments which makes it possible to reach either one
without having to dismount and put on centerstand/kickstand.
Rear lights on the Aero are already flush with body lines and get higher marks than Elite.... :wink:
Those are my opinions, based on being an Aero owner, and may be slightly biased.... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

That pic is of an Elite "E". While looks are debatable, performance is not. The Aero has a variated engine and will be quicker AND faster than the E-model. A robust stock Aero can push 40MPH, while the E won't get much over 30. YMMV.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
macadamia.nuthead
Noob
Noob

yes sir i am asking for help on the looks. and i have to amplify mr.motormike's words on the looks of each. the lines and profile on the aero are very well laid and thought of while the elite is really desperate for help (sorry for the words) and looks as if the guys at hondasan were unsure of what to do with.
that divides me as well. should i go for performance or looks? i know i cant have both here.
should i go for an ugly duckling that can go as fast as a jet or go for the gorgeous lady that can barely hit 40mph?

donut
Elite
Elite

Post by donut »

I have the Aero but do indeed like the lines and the color (lol) Yellow of an elite....

Another consideration is the Aero has more carrying capacity... I can literally carry everything I need from Costco except TP!

So even thought I own a sweet Yamaha Jog (elite cousin), I tend to ride his ugly sister (paint job) Aero as it will allow me to ride and shop to save some gas...
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone
macadamia.nuthead
Noob
Noob

i also had a jog nextzone i bought for $65.it was my first bike.bad paint though and it had broken left corner lights and missing oil compartment cover.i disliked its looks and the build is too plasticky so i sold it to my cousin after a week for same price.maybe rounded, modern-aping looks are just not for me.the engine is quite reliable though.and its fast.

Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Elite E won't get much past 30, but an SE50 or Elite LX or SR will at least equal an Aero.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
macadamia.nuthead
Noob
Noob

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

The Elite E won't get much past 30, but an SE50 or Elite LX or SR will at least equal an Aero.
i guess the aero is a better choice.thanks wheelman!

macadamia.nuthead
Noob
Noob

uk-visionsa50 wrote:im 6ft5 and i cant really ride the aero comfortably but the elite is perfect for me, the handling ive found is better on the elite, i can do a 50 mile round trip on the elite without my back hurting but cant on the aero
is the elite larger in any way than the aero?

uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

macadamia.nuthead wrote:
uk-visionsa50 wrote:im 6ft5 and i cant really ride the aero comfortably but the elite is perfect for me, the handling ive found is better on the elite, i can do a 50 mile round trip on the elite without my back hurting but cant on the aero
is the elite larger in any way than the aero?
not really but i personally found theres more foot space if that makes sence, ive got longer legs so i just found being able to put my feet eitherside of the glovebox alot more comfortable than how i sit on my aero.