what cars/trucks do you guys have ?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Re: what cars/trucks do you guys have ?

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

im not keen on them either but theres always somebody whos willing to pay top whack for one of these, theres always some 20 year old whos just written their old Subaru off and got insurance money to spend hence why I buy and sell them quite a lot. buy low sell high. my main bread and butters in mobile mechanics/towing recovery but buying and selling Subaru`s is a good money earner.
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

Trafficjamz wrote:1987 vw scirocco 16V

video link -------> http://www.myspace.com/video/90123743/v ... co/5364001
Did not expect to see a rocco in this thread :thumbwink:
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

graphite9 wrote:I think they have come down in price so much now the kids can afford them. Back when I was in high school you couldn't touch a used wrx/sti for under $25k. I'll keep my turbo e36 instead. Subarus just aren't built with quality. I'm at over 425hp@177k on my M3. I know a dozen guys running 500+who with over 270k (stock internals)on their BMW's. You'd be lucky to get 125k out of a stock sti.

that's the thing though, over here it doesn't matter how much you buy the car for, if youre young even if you have a little 1.0 Vauxhall corsa your insurance is guarrenteed to be double what you earn. im lucky ive got traders insurance else I wouldn't be able to afford any of the cars I have, being 18 and proving your a vehicle trader etc isn't easy. if your under 22 and own a car over here you got to have money. the insurers just don't like kids whatsoever. for me though it doesn't matter how fast the car/truck can go its that it gets me there and it gets me there safe/does its job. if I want speed ill just get on a bike. I agree about the quality of subarus, having worked on too many I know them inside out and even Hyundai do a better job ! I guarantee everytime one subarus gone I get another in for repairs.
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i think you misunderstand me. the subaru is my daily driver in the winter. i cant think of a better all round car then a fun, nice handling awd, that is decent on gas, and moves when i want it to. (12.86 1/4) agreed on quality, but most problems are fixed by losing the stock tune, and avoiding the "power conserving" oil the factory recommends. the not making it past 125k is a bit of nonsense, since i am very familiar with what are in the subaru service bays. it has 303whp and thats all i am looking for. if i want to go fast and burn tires i can drive the white convertible (487whp, and 536ftlbs on a dynojet) it builds 12# of boost at 1900 rpms, and rockets the dyno graph from there up. it has a built irs rear suspension and holds a record at the local autocross comp. before anyone says american cars are only good for the drags. (and its a vert at that.)
the blue one is a drag car, and dont have numbers yet as its off the road. i will say that it will not be any less then 700whp (turbo NEW coyote 5.0) or it comes apart again.
i dont want to get into a * match. i didnt hate on your cars. not sure why i'm the focus of attention. not sure why its always the subaru people pick apart.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

wasn't having a go or anything, yeah they can be good cars for winter, heck I had one last winter, I just personally think that if Subaru made them to a better quality/made them just that little more reliable they would be amazing cars, id personally rather have a mitsubushi evo but its all down to taste and personal needs etc, I like pretty much any car im not just into one scene or one car, I do like subarus just don't like the build quality of them. ive got one on the drive with turbo problems, costing the owner £2500 to have fixed. if I had one id have to strip it and totally rebuild it, I love the way they drive etc just the quality lets them down.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

agreed. they do need to focus more on quality. aside from the typical engine issues (which have always been the same issues) i have had many over the years, and my biggest gripe is rust protection. at least they seem to have gone over this thoroughly on the newer ones. the older ones are hard to keep from being rot boxes. weather is hard on cars here.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

its a popular thing over here to undercoat the car, other than that theres not a lot that can be done about the rust but I cant really moan because right now subarus are the big money earners for me, that and hyundais/daewoos/kia, recovered 2 hyundais and a Daewoo in one day, since ive been doing recovery etc ive only recovered one ford, two Vauxhalls and a Nissan, the rest have been either accidents, dealer transportation or breakdowns for the above three mentioned. somehow the subarus just limp to me lol
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

it really is worth swapping in a Nissan or mitsubushi engine, ive done the engine conversions several times, the latest ones 2011+ I think quality has improved a lot, but because the ones I service very rarely get taken out they've not really gone above 30,000 miles, wait a few more years and im sure there will be some sort of issues but we wont find out for a good while yet, they are a high performance engine so quality should be a lot better I must say, non the less subarus are nice cars and I will continue to trade in them, picking up a Nissan skyline tomorrow for a client, ill post pics when I go to fetch it.
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

Just traded in 05 Audi for my newer SI

Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

I agree plus I got VTEC again lol
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

new gen ivtec just isnt the the same as the old version vtec gotta love the boo baa
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

I agree I had an integra on 20lbs of boost my fastest car I've had a lot too lol
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

i have a mate with a nuts kp60 toyota starlet with a full spoon b18 vtec rwd conversion owes him a small fortune bat damm its cool
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

I had a 95 he'll rot red m3 I miss it everyday that and my 2001 s4 and my 1980 mk1 caddy
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

I had a 95 he'll rot red m3 I miss it everyday that and my 2001 s4 and my 1980 mk1 caddy