who uses this site? how did you get here?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

mmeadows
Elite
Elite

who uses this site? how did you get here?

Post by mmeadows »

im 23 and broke, living in Portland oregon, im also a guy.

most people who ride scooters in Portland are younger ( my age), we have a few girls who ride scooters.

it always rains here so scooters are out for 3-4 months only

how about you guys? seems like everyone is old, well off, and im guessing owned one of these when they were younger and its nostalgic now?

how did you find this site? i was looking for first generation aero mods and was recommended here by bear on the aero pro rider fourm. i had never heard of a spree.

how about you?

tell me your tale
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Re: who uses this site? how did you get here?

Post by Pineapplegti »

well off ..poor.. rich.. its all in a state of mind.. I like scooters.. mopeds and fast little things. I live in vegas so its ride time all year and the laws are super lax for 49cc and below bikes. im 33 years old going on 14. I am part of a moped "gang" who do weekly rides and raise all sorts of 2 stroke fun.
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I'm a guy as if my name patthesoundguy didn't tell you that ;-) I'm 36 and I've always been in to small engines, and my first bike was a 49cc two stroke 1967 Suzuki that my mother had bought new. I wanted a Honda scooter since day one when I was a kid, some one showed me one once and I had to have one, I was 10. I found this site when I found out a scooter I was going to buy was called a Honda spree. Never heard of a spree, elite yes , spree no. The rest is history

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
ute
Spree
Spree

Post by ute »

Male, retired, 54 always been a bike guy ...anything with a motor really

My son bought the spree in a box ...lost interest ...I took over the project ,assembled and have a hoot with it

Currently in stable

06 Ducati Monster
86 750 GSXR
77 RD400
72 KX125

Google got me here
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'm 156 years old and never even saw a Spree, Aero, or Elite as a kid. I was into the CT70 I inherited from an older brother.
My Ol' Pal Hal sold me a 1987 Aero with a petrolith in the fuel tank, lines and carb. Eventually cleaned it out enough to get it to fire up. Found the Forum on a random search for "Aero" and soon became aware that it could become much more than Honda-san intended. Flash 1, soon followed by 2 emerged.

Ran up against the limits of the SE05 engine as Flash 2 pushed 60 MPH and wanted more. Flash 3 was purchased with 33 miles on the clock. That frame has cradled the ill-fated 4 bought as a bare block and built up, back to several iterations of 3 (the original engine...) then 5 and now 6. Great fun to learn on, cheap and not entirely trivial. The skills I've learned will help me when I realize my dream of restoring a vintage CBX. Someday...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Post by Pete M »

58 and head house b****. My daughter gave me her sb50p instead of putting it out for the garbage. It serves as my crutch so I don't go insaine. When I feel well enough to play, I do and if I don't so what. Great group here.
89 Elite E
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I bought a Spree with a blown cylinder back in 2007. A few google searches lead me here and Ive been into small and fast since.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

got my first Honda scoot last year, a 92 sa50 vision (elite) was having a few tiny issues and after about 2 hours of googling found this great site :)
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!