Super charged scooter !!!!

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Super charged scooter !!!!

Post by Bman5000 »

So today I got a wild idea while I was thinking what I want to do with my tanaka scooter so I decideds how could I boost it? I would need a turbo the size of a thimble to spool it? Then my mind went toward a super charger.... So here it goes lol

I bought a computer fan

Them I found an old intake

Then I drilled out the intake

The creation started......

Before I go any farther I better try the blower...

Sanded drilled out whole,

I taped it for now will epoxy it if it works,,

Feel free to comment lol
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Re: Super charged scooter !!!!

Post by mmeadows »

i dont think it will work. a turbo uses exhaust pressures but i dont think it would be compatible with a single jug two stroke. like i dont think the spool would wind up at the right times. so i guess your making an electric supercharger but i kind of feel like you might be just leaning out your engine and creating electric drag costing you gas milage. i however, am wrong all the time, and you might be on to something

but i have wondered if anyone has tried/why we haven't seen a boost bottle on on these scooters?
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

boost bottles are more for throttle response down low our liitle cvt scoots run WOT most of the time there for the boost bottle is useless
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

Well in thinking of running it off its own power and a switch so say you are cruising full throttle and need to cut off a mountain bike flip the switch for a Lil more air flow,,, it will just be a normal air filter until u hit the switch make sense?
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

motormike

Post by motormike »

waste of time... :sad:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

i get what you are saying but imagine you took your air filter off completely.....that would allow for maximum air flow..... but your scooter wouldn't run well and would soon seize from lack of lubrication/ too much air.

but lets assume you can supercharge a two stroke.

i think the sucking power generated from the 2t motor will be wayyyyyy more powerful than your fan motor. basically your engine will make your fan blades turn faster from the vacuum created, your fan will not make your motor turn faster due to more air.

if the bike turns on and your fan blades are off but you hear it winding up at a million miles and hour you know why. be careful your not spinning those two fast. it would be horrible to suck in a plastic fan.
Last edited by mmeadows on Sat May 04, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

motormike wrote:waste of time... :sad:
Hate to do it, but I agree with motormike, if it was that simple we all would have 1$ computer fans on our scooter intakes. The fan and motor required for that to even come close to making something like that work would prob be so heavy it would be impractical. And the physics for that don't add up. The motor is only gonna take as much air as it can suck in. The fan would have to compress the air more than the velocity and cfm than it takes in naturally and that little fan that barley flows enough to cool a video card CPU won't blow out a candle. You get an "A" for creativity and an "A" for effort though 8-) and don't stop comming up with new ideas, that's how the best inventions are created, keep up the good work :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

For learning sake - computer fans are designed to move air at minimal static pressure. It will not be a good source of pressure. They are only good at moving free air.

Experiment: Try a balloon on your supercharger, a modest boost of around 1 psi will inflate a toy balloon.

Go for a tuned pipe, plenty of boost from the backpressure wave.
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

Ok when I was drunk thought this was a great idea, changing my mind now but I still think its cool idea lol oh and jfyi I was planning to stick it on a goped
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

If the fan will generate power just hook the leads to an led for a headlight on the goped so when you rev it up the led lights up. Doubt the fan will work as a generator but it would be cool if it did.

Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Neat idea, but incorrect location. Turbos and blowers pressurize intake charge, cramming in more combustible O2 per unit of volume. In that spot, the fan is blowing unfiltered into a filter, from where the pressure can simply escape. There is the immediate danger of sanding grit entering the engine, and long-term issue of unfiltered intake air. No real pressure increase until you relocsge the fan downstream to blow directly into the carb mouth. Depending on the fan CFM output, it may then require a size or two bigger jet. Post results?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Post by Bman5000 »

Wheelman111 I think u are totally right makes sense so I guess it's back to the drawing board for now but who knows I may throw it on for * and giggles if I ever get an hour free been working 7 days a week :/
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

patthesoundguy wrote:
motormike wrote:waste of time... :sad:
Hate to do it, but I agree with motormike, if it was that simple we all would have 1$ computer fans on our scooter intakes. The fan and motor required for that to even come close to making something like that work would prob be so heavy it would be impractical. And the physics for that don't add up. The motor is only gonna take as much air as it can suck in. The fan would have to compress the air more than the velocity and cfm than it takes in naturally and that little fan that barley flows enough to cool a video card CPU won't blow out a candle. You get an "A" for creativity and an "A" for effort though 8-) and don't stop comming up with new ideas, that's how the best inventions are created, keep up the good work :-)

Electric superchargers are very practical and surprisingly light. We've installed them on Yamaha 4-strokes. Yes, there is electrical draw but the factory electrical system will handle it for a few drags when the battery is full.

I've heard of but not seen them installed on the Nissan 350z.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Any added pressure (if the blower were capable) would not be directed into the carb because the flow is ahead of the filter.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.