Has anyone here dealt with Daywot with a negative outcome?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

broke-chanic
BMX
BMX

Has anyone here dealt with Daywot with a negative outcome?

Post by broke-chanic »

Yo guys! I just need to vent I guess about this Daywot guy..

I ordered a bunch of moped parts from this guy on Ebay and paid him promptly (on the spot) via paypal.. It has been 2 weeks since and still no parts. I tried messaging him on Ebay just for documentation as well as opened a case with Ebay too. The thing that really * me off is that he marked everything as shipped with a tracking number that goes nowhere the day after I paid. Basically says that it was marked for shipping and thats it. It clearly states that it is supposed to be delivered between Aug20--22nd. I have been checking everyday since and no changes. I even went to the post office near my house and talked to the post master of the branch and he even looked up the tracking number and basically said it was not dropped off at any post office branches in Honolulu or picked up by USPS carrier. I know he is in Hawaii and I am a Hawaii native that now lives on mainland so shipping can take an extra day or 2 BUT 10??!!! I looked through all the feedback and 99% of them said "A+++++ fast shipping, Thanks" or something to that effect. How the f*** is that true?

I did all my research on this guy through multiple forums and he was about 90% liked. I thought that was good enough for me to order through him. I'm not counting him out just yet, but I am not impressed with no response on his end. I read a post the said something like he was in Italy for 2 weeks. Great, vacations are due sometimes. But running an online business and not letting your customers know that their items are going to be delayed is not good IMO.. I could go on and on but i'll stop here..

Let me know if any of you guys had a bad experience or * any experience with Daywot.. Thanks for read/listening

PS: Drop shipping IMO should not be allowed at least on Ebay.. You don't physically got it, don't physically sell it :jack:

/endrant
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Has anyone here dealt with Daywot with a negative outcom

Post by LMH »

Patrick doesn't sell parts be doesn't physically have. He's a great seller that's never let me down over the past 4 years and I've recently bought and received 550$ in parts with in the past 3 weeks. It's odd you're having issues unless he's on vacation.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Man, what are you ranting about. There's nothing you can do but be patient. Gee wiz.

That's my 2 cents.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

All I can say is maybe you have been spoiled by faster shipping in the united states. Here where I live in Canada if I order anything from anywhere, it takes bare min 2 weeks. I paid 30$ last Monday for express mail for some rings for a golf cart I'm working on hoping I'd get them inside of a week no way was that ever gonna happen ;-) be patient shipping happens slowly sometime. And if it comes by mail, tracking numbers can sometimes be useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Yea what pat said. Only packages can be tracked via tracking number. Letters/envelopes get a tracking number but they don't do anything. What did you order?
broke-chanic
BMX
BMX

Post by broke-chanic »

Ok, just got off the phone with him (Daywot.) WOW I was sooooo wrong about him.. He messaged his number we spoke, we actually know a lot of the same people on the island (small island.) He is baffled about the order and is going to send a second order of the exact parts.

Close closed..

@bfowler- clutch, springs (clutch and center), jap tail, new CVT belt, and variator (ramp and weights.)

@pat and bonesv- yes, patience is not one of my better qualities :( and tracking numbers means SQUAT!
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Patrick is part owner of SPI, which is his California distribution, and he does have a place you can get things from on the island. As far as I know he does not sell a part he doesnt have, hence the item counter on ebay, is what he told me. But you never know, I have asked him if he orders parts(wholesales) and he said no and told me about all of the fore mentioned.
Hes one of the guys you can count on to have a part in stock or he will let you know something went awry, from my experiences. I figured scooter season busy time was beginning of the summer. It was/is for me at least, it gets too cold here in StL to really ride much after October.
I recently bought 3 buildings in Downtown St Louis off Washington St. I will be using 1 to open a scooter and atv repair shop. Im currently hiring 3 more employees if anyone is in the St Louis area looking for work and they are experienced in 2 and 4 strokes. I have a shop Manager already.
I just hope that if anyone buys parts from me that they understand ahead of time that it is only wholesale and not directly through me. Its definitely something to disclaim rather than hide. Just glad it all worked out with Patrick(daywot). I always email the seller prior to buying anything on eBay unless I know the seller ahead of time. It makes for an easier transaction and you near always get what you thought you ordered and in the time frame you were hoping for.
broke-chanic
BMX
BMX

Post by broke-chanic »

Yeah all is good now. I forgot to mention when I was talking with him he actually pulled over on the side of the road to talk to me LOL!. He said he was taking his usual cruise around Diamond Head enjoying the fresh air ( I know he was checking out the chicks on the beach) on his purple SR.. :ndance:

@ LoveMyHonda- man that is awesome! Getting your own shop doing what you love. But yes, Patrick is a stand up guy and is doing right by me (the customer) to make sure I get my parts. A new whole order mind you and is taking the hit if the original parts order indeed was "lost" in the mail.. I did mention to him that if the original order did arrive that I would contact him immediately and ship it back to him.. He offered to pick up the shipping bill on the new order as well as the original order if or when it shows up.. Top notch no doubt..

@graphite9- Yep it was all smoothed out.. He personally told me to text or call him directly instead of going through ebay.. I thought that was really cool..
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

LoveMyHonda wrote:Patrick doesn't sell parts be doesn't physically have. He's a great seller that's never let me down over the past 4 years and I've recently bought and received 550$ in parts with in the past 3 weeks. It's odd you're having issues unless he's on vacation.
http://stores.ebay.com/daywot/ELITE-DIO ... 34.c0.m322
I think he's on a longer vacation this time. Anyone buy something there recently?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

I think he's on a longer vacation this time. Anyone buy something there recently?
Hmm, interesting - no listings at all. :shock: Yet eBay shows his last sale Oct 31-13 so he's only shortly been gone.
--
Disclaimer - I am not associated with daywot, nor have not ordered parts in the past year.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I just got parts from him via spi. I'm guessing he's not dealing with eBay anymore but ill send him a text around 4pm central time. I've noticed a lot of sellers disappearing lately.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Last couple of years I just emailed Patrick and got the things I needed. Some items were not even on his site. Once in a while there was a delay. Over-all I had a positive experience purchasing from him.
Guess we will still be able to email Patrick. daywot@aol.com
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX