I hate my job

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

DirtyE
Elite
Elite

I hate my job

Post by DirtyE »

Im a field service engineer for Canon. My boss is an a hole. I hate my job cuz hes a *.

Feel free to post why you hate your job. If you like your job ignore this and go about your happy day.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
motormike

Re: I hate my job

Post by motormike »

This IS my job... :urban:
Attachments
Sewer-SYM-Falcon 015.JPG
Sewer-SYM-Falcon 015.JPG (98.88 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
MB5 and squirrel 009.JPG
MB5 and squirrel 009.JPG (152.39 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
squirrel..VWvan 004.JPG
squirrel..VWvan 004.JPG (123.54 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
Urban Express II 001.JPG
Urban Express II 001.JPG (149.35 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
PC800 2-8-13 004.JPG
PC800 2-8-13 004.JPG (125.65 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
Aero 80 002.JPG
Aero 80 002.JPG (117.47 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
True Grits 2012 B 001.JPG
True Grits 2012 B 001.JPG (122.79 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Im kinda in a pickle. I have a house and kids and the rest of the bills that go with it. Muskegons economy is the worst. Its too small and poor.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

Aren't you headed to a tropical island tomorrow Dirty? And didn't you score an Elite for $100? Sounds pretty nice to me! I just started getting along with my boss and I've been there almost 9 years. Have fun tomorrow and forget about skeetown for a while!
01 Honda Elite S 120cc Taida H20
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
78 Honda Express/Hobbit Stage6/Athena LC 70
00 Gilera Runner PM Tuning 172
09 Aprillia SR50 Malossi Team MHR
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Yeah whitey, life is good, but my boss is a piece. Good thing hes in Detroit and I just get earfuls over the phone. Puerto Rico! Im thinking I may have to retire soon so I can enjoy myself while im still young. Maybe ill go back to work when im like 55. 20 years of retirement while im young sounds better that 20 years after 65 or whatever it is.

Edit: I wish there was a like button here like on Facebook.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

I despise my job as well..but I can't find something that pay will even half with my education level. This used to trouble me but after a few therapeutic acid shesh I realized money doesn't exist and I might not wake up tomorrow. I kept the same job but have a different outlook on it. I work like im retired.. as little as I can get away with to appease my boss and my bills. 2014 was a great year..
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Pineapplegti wrote:I despise my job as well..but I can't find something that pay will even half with my education level. This used to trouble me but after a few therapeutic acid shesh I realized money doesn't exist and I might not wake up tomorrow. I kept the same job but have a different outlook on it. I work like im retired.. as little as I can get away with to appease my boss and my bills. 2014 was a great year..
I got a couple deep spiritual sessions in myself.

My boss is the real deal hollyfield Napoleon * type. Little man. Micro manager. I like fixing machines, networking, and doing the software stuff, but im a peace lovin Dead head at heart. Hes like * famous brother from the movie Step Brothers but short and fat.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

DirtyE wrote:
Pineapplegti wrote:I despise my job as well..but I can't find something that pay will even half with my education level. This used to trouble me but after a few therapeutic acid shesh I realized money doesn't exist and I might not wake up tomorrow. I kept the same job but have a different outlook on it. I work like im retired.. as little as I can get away with to appease my boss and my bills. 2014 was a great year..
2014 was a very difficult year for me. 2 therapeutic sessions though. One with my guitarist and drummer in my basement with the kids and wife out of the house for the night, and the other way a two nighter with the wife and kids at a music festival! !! Whoa, glad I went light and split it into a mild 2 night session instead of 1 intense session. At 35 years old I quit smoking pot on a daily basis and drinking regularly. It was a rewarding year, but full of change.

My boss is the real deal hollyfield Napoleon * type. Little man. Micro manager. I like fixing machines, networking, and doing the software stuff, but im a peace lovin Dead head at heart. Hes like * famous brother from the movie Step Brothers but short and fat.
Music is my business and I love it! Self employed is working well for me as an audio engineer. Between music and scooters life is good. For me as Iong as I am on the green side of the grass and the money is not in the negative after the bills are paid I'm a happy camper :-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

patthesoundguy wrote:
DirtyE wrote:
2014 was a very difficult year for me. 2 therapeutic sessions though. One with my guitarist and drummer in my basement with the kids and wife out of the house for the night, and the other way a two nighter with the wife and kids at a music festival! !! Whoa, glad I went light and split it into a mild 2 night session instead of 1 intense session. At 35 years old I quit smoking pot on a daily basis and drinking regularly. It was a rewarding year, but full of change.

Music is my business and I love it! Self employed is working well for me as an audio engineer. Between music and scooters life is good. For me as Iong as I am on the green side of the grass and the money is not in the negative after the bills are paid I'm a happy camper :-)
Pat, this is my other hobby.
1979 Ovation custom legend 1619
Late 90's Deering Goodtime Banjo
Fender Robert Schmidt mandolin(got for Christmas '14)

I sold my electric bass stuff(that's what I used to jam with the boys in the basement), and bought the banjo...paid a couple bills. I'm getting old, and not really into performing. i'm more of a sit at home and noodle with melodies kind of guy anyway. There were moments while jamming with those guys that totally blew my mind. I've got a PRS downstairs as well that is up for sale. That'll pay for my Yasuni from G9. :)
Attachments
20150101_100744.jpg
20150101_100744.jpg (121.2 KiB) Viewed 8019 times
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
motormike

Post by motormike »

DirtyE wrote..Edit: I wish there was a like button here like on Facebook.
...me too... :urban:
alas, we are left with replies... :hi:
Pretty Ovation,,,I'd buy it and I don't even play a guitar.
My "axe" has been autoharp for 25 years.
Picked up a Mountain Dulcimer, and then a Psaltery.
Music is spiritual...believe it... :wink:
Attachments
autoharp.jpg
autoharp.jpg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 8018 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

i try to work smarter not harder .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

paulpauly7 wrote:i try to work smarter not harder .
I live by the words work smarter not harder lol. You are a wise man there Pauly :thumbwink:
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

motormike wrote:
DirtyE wrote..Edit: I wish there was a like button here like on Facebook.
...me too... :urban:
alas, we are left with replies... :hi:
Pretty Ovation,,,I'd buy it and I don't even play a guitar.
My "axe" has been autoharp for 25 years.
Picked up a Mountain Dulcimer, and then a Psaltery.
Music is spiritual...believe it... :wink:
I love auto harps!!! I have repaired and tuned a few in my shop over the years. Dulcimer is also a blast.
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

I love my job, but it was not always that way. I had a a hole boss for some time and eventually it caught up to him. I hope the same thing happens for you. I bit my tongue and did my job as well as I could, now I am the "boss" and try to remember what type of boss I did not like. I also am in the NW and the economy is very good up here. Take care.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)