10?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

10?

Post by vintagegarage »

When I got to 7, I gave away the Yellow Elite S and fell back to 6, then got three more Honda scoots, and so made it up to 9, one ahead of 1man8scoots. Then this morning, I picked up this Black Elite S and spent the day cleaning it up and going through it. At the end of the day all seemed right with it, so I plan to give it away tomorrow, and so I'll be back to 9 by the end of the day. Not sure if that counts as making it to 10 or not, hence the question mark. I guess I won't count this one..

Motormike.. I think that basket is a factory Honda Elite basket..so there was no need to basketize this one.. LOL

Tonight they are checking me in the local hospital to see if they can cure my scooter disease..

Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Re: 10?

Post by Kustomkarma »

If you are giving scooters away, I'd be more than happy to help you cure your disease. :) I currently have 8.
motormike

Post by motormike »

You may be familiar with the parable of the talents.
By giving away scooters, you shall surely be rewarded seven-fold.
Might as well start building a bigger garage.
Get your basket order in before the holidays too. ;)
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Motormike..you are right about the basket order.. Had not thought of that, but now that you mention it, I'd better make sure that the manufacturing line can keep up.. Will check with Beijing later today.

My focus is now changing towards getting two entries ready for True Grits in October.. I might be done rebuilding basket case scooters until my Grits entries are finished and running well.
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

I'm at 8 right now, but I just sold two!
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

EastCoastCB.. I hear you. I just got out of the hospital.. they couldn't do much for scooter disease.. am back to 9 now as I expected. 10 is a very hard number to achieve and maintain..
motormike

Post by motormike »

vintagegarage wrote:EastCoastCB.. 10 is a very hard number to achieve and maintain..
The "key" is first getting to 11, then 10 is a snap. ;)
RideRed
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Motormike.. I like the way you think..
motormike

Post by motormike »

Here's that pic of your next difficult decision.
Nick's tiddlers.jpg
Nick's tiddlers.jpg (92.41 KiB) Viewed 7067 times
Attachments
Nick's MB5.jpg
Nick's MB5.jpg (103.7 KiB) Viewed 7067 times
RideRed
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

man o man.. those look great.. will be tough to sleep tonight.. LOL
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Dagnabbit, the medicine I got at the hospital clearly hasn't helped with scooter disease.. now solidly at 10.

I woke up this morning to find this sad $100 little 1989 Elite E on craigslist for $100 with title in Sarasota.. just got home with it, but haven't had time to check it out. I thought the body was in very good condition, but now I see that both side panels are missing the front two feet (the part under your feet), so unless I get a new rear body, this little guy will never be able to go on the show field. I know Kustomkarma has some SB50 parts for sale, so I may have a list for him in the next couple of days. The ad said it needed a starter, and that it doesn't run. I haven't had time to verify that. If the starter is bad, I will see if I can use parts from a spare 1986 Spree starter to fix it. Part #s for a 1986 Spree starter and a 1989 Elite E starter are different, but I am hoping I can make two into one.

What I do see missing is one mirror, both correct mirror nuts, both front reflectors, the rear luggage carrier, kickstart pedal rubber, and a battery. Also, a spin test on the front wheel indicates that the speedometer doesn't work. Finding a rear luggage carrier might be tough.. I don't see any on eBay with a quick search. I do see plenty of nice reproduction seat covers on eBay, so I'll order one tonight..

I won't have time to check out the starter and engine until Friday.. I am interested in seeing the difference between this E (restricted engine) and the ES (unrestricted) one I already had. The ES is perhaps the fastest of the collection. It revs the highest and WOT speed is well past the end of the speedometer.

Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Nice restoration candidate with a simple, clean design.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Thanks wheelman. I'll get it starting and running right, put on good used reflectors, a mirror, and kickstart rubber, a new air filter, and then see where to go with it.. I think finding a good rear body will be tough though. The rear of the body is nice with nice graphics and will clean up well. If I can find a body that is beat up, but has usable lower parts, I'll see if I can splice two into one. Fortunately, glossy black is easy to match.
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

I have a few bits left (see my updated post) and I'll make you a heck of a deal on them especially if you pick them up. I'm also in the mood to start unloading scooters. I'd like to pair my 8 down to about 3 or 4 so it may be worth the trip. I'm in the Winter Park / Orlando area. Shoot me a PM for my cell # if you like. My brother just bought a '57 Chevy 210 and I'm getting the car bug really bad.