Buying headers

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Cads res exhaust

Keep cads, res, and stock exhasut
No votes
Keep res and stock exhaust but lose cads
25%
Lose all of it and straight pipe
No votes
Keep res and cads but aftermarket exhaust
No votes
Lose res and cads but keep exhaust
25%
Lose res but keep cads and put a aftermarket exhaust
50%
Straight pipe with a glasspack
No votes

Total votes: 4

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Buying headers

Post by MrJumps »

So my stock headers have been hding my 4 bangers vtec at bay and from what I read online 4-1 is top end and 4-2-1 is low end. Now the guys on the fourms for my car are :crazy:

So Ive decided on the 4-2-1, because it would help my mid end wheel slides the cars vtec kicks do. Does anyone know if gutting the cads, removing the res, and leaving the stock exhaust would be a good route or should I leave the cads and remove the res and buy a flowmasters sport can? Not a fart can, but would make it sound like a ricey rally car.

I could care less about sound polution or epa laws. I want my vtec POWER lol luke 3 ho gain im gonna get from this is probably all this car needs, its literly on the verge of the tires lossing traction when you floor it, all I want is rolling burnouts and it feels so close, especially once the vtec kicks in. :worship:
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Buying headers

Post by benji »

The car is programmed for cats in the exhaust system, unless you change fuel mapping I think getting rid of em is a bad idea.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

benji wrote:The car is programmed for cats in the exhaust system, unless you change fuel mapping I think getting rid of em is a bad idea.
Okay thank you, did not know that was a possible issue, looked into it, my computer cannot be remapped, only swapped. So thats out the question aprently so is a cai... too late on that purchase haha. Piggybacks also are a no no 400 bucks to tune for a cai and headers and no cads inst that worth it to me.

So far I have cai and a oil catch can installed with the syock racing exhaust witch sounds fine to be honest. I guess headers and res now then. Will be a minor sportier 4 banger. Hopefully not ricey sounding though you know the rice sound.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

graphite9 wrote:I had a 00 civic with the JDM type r engine. The factory headers, were 4-2-1, and they went all the way under the engine, past the trans. I didnt realize how amazing the JDM racing stuff was until after I sold the car. :(

Dont go too cheap cause that stuff is prone to cracking.
I looked into a pair of obx headers everyone raves they are good for the price, so be it I guess, I hvae a injen cai and a catch can of decent qaulity I tore it out today and probably gonna trash it, the blow by is very limited
birdman
Spree
Spree

Post by birdman »

What kind of car do you have and which motor? K series B series? Or are you like me running a single cam F series on juice? Supercharger, all motor? These are important questions when determining the proper exhaust set up.
92 Yamaha Jog CY50
98 Yamaha Zuma
00 Honda Elite 50SR
82 Honda MB5
90 Honda NS50F
14 Yamaha FZ-09
16 Kawasaki Versys 650
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Scion xa with the first gen nzfe1, vvti is practically vtec. Im going to change cam/s out with a kit I found on fast scions and get it tuned to the cai and probably res delete.