5:30am rambling and destressing talks.

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 5:30am rambling and destressing talks.

Post by MrJumps »

motormike wrote:Little brothers with so much loss of self-worth are a fragile thing.
These feelings he has surely came over a period of time.
This episode of reaching a point of walking off in the wee hours of morning
is your notice that a serious issue has been brewing for some time.
Take heed, and review the signs that have been missed before now.
Telling him you love him and value his life may have been the natural reaction to this incident,
but probably was the very thing you and he needed to realize that was missing from his daily consciousness. Move past this with new-found clarity of his needs. Strength to you both, and to those
entrusted to your up-bringing. I send you the very best wishes for future harmony and sensitivity
to the needs you have discovered that give little brother a happy and secure life...mm
We knew he was feeling depressed for a while. We were signing him up to talk to a few people, I have the same disorder... We both grew up in an abusive house, it sticks with you. Thank you M^2.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I dont know how cold it got for you over night motor mike but here in the knoxville area it got nipples so hard they can cut rock cold over night. Like its chilling my gas and just horribly cold. Like 50*F or some s***. Keep in mind im from lausisana. 60*F is freezing back there. Here its like "of you know, like eh -10*f is the mid low every year you hear."

* cold. I like it but I am a b**** about it.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

In the state of Tennesse I dont need to plate my bikes, but I do. Today I got a $17 fee for registration, I could go return my plate and still be 100% legal, but I wont. I will pay the $17 to avoid the over controlling people in this area that think running a red light to catch up to you, to yell at you for not having a plate and that your a danger to public is not worth it. $17 a year is the difrence between crazies and the really crazy. The people who are so bothered by a scooter on the road they instantly call the cops.

A few updates, my little brother is doing better, brought him to get ice creme and tried talking to him more. Brought him some games. Overwatch, played it a good bit with him on pc. He seemes to enjoy it.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

A group that is going around breaking into cars hit mine last night and stole around 500 in parts out my car and my school books and stuff. So im really just meh now.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I keep nothing in my car Id be worried about losing...ever. After living in the ghetto for so many years I guess Im just programmed that way now. Stock stereo, owners manual in glove box and about $3 in change in the ash tray....If I ever get broke into, Id be more upset about the broken window than the car's contents.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Well im in a really clean and well lit area with lost of traffic and my car is pretty regular except for the sub and amp which they couldnt pry out the back so they left.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Alot of people think they don't do anything but if you have any money or aftermarket equipment in or on your car, get an alarm and have it professionally installed. I work in the automotive aftermarket industry and I see insurance jobs where we fix cars that got broken into, and it's usually a car w no alarm. That blinking light on the dash and the stickers on the windows tell car thrives "go to the easier one". But if you've got a nice car then your always at risk. Just be thankful you didn't get hit by a car thief who's gotta tow truck, cuz usually the nice cars just disappear.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If they just stole crap of your car and left they were probably just tweakers. Those guys usually walk away from cars w alarms. If your interested I'll send you some info on decent alarm brands, or even just how to wire up a light so it looks like you've got one ;D
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Well i have an alarm, they used a tool to unlock the car fand tore up my windo seal to use it. It goes inside the boor and unlocks the door via the locking mechanism. Wont set off the alarm.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

You must have a factory alarm. Most "real" alarms open anytime the doors opened unless disarmed thru the remote. They also usually include active security measures such as starter/fuel pump cut-off switches and shock sensors. Factory alarms are usually glorified keyless entry systems.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I also have gps connection available on the new stuff that allows arming from your cell phone and real time tracking available to the owner, so you can get it back yourself ;D
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

You've seen my build thread - I got one on my aero.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I mean I run full insruance and the car is super rare so if anyone makes with the 1 in 1700 in the world car someone will spot it pretty quick.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

since this thread is all about rambling, I bought something on Ebay and the guy in Michigan shipped it Fed-Ex to me in Washington. Its been 8 days so far and the tracking shows that over the course of 8 days its been in transit and heres its path so far: Ann Arbor, MI / Saline, MI / Perrysburg, OH / New Berlin, WI / Council Bluffs, IA / Commerce City, CO / Rock Springs, WY / La Grande, OR / Troutdale, OR / Portland, OR / Kent, WA....supposed to arrive tomorrow, day 9

Seems a bit excessive to me...like they could've taken a shorther path. This is why I never ship Fed-Ex or UPS. Seems like theyre always the most expensive...only USPS for me.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Usps seems to work good these days... which is weird cuz I heard there broke.
Full coverage insurance is best, especially with nice cars. I don't have it tho haha.