Upcoming Presidential election

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Upcoming Presidential election

Post by MrJumps »

Waffles97 wrote:This post is turning into the communist manifesto.
Scare
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

I agree not mixing politics with scooter chat, but when politics affect my scooter funds. it becomes a problem.
Year after year it's the same thing. The rich play with their Ferraris , the poor play with their spree. I don't know of any millionaires on this website playing with their spree. Do you?
In the end we're all going to pay.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Ya know, back in the day (late 80's early 90's), I was into hopping up Mopar engines. Had me a killer 73' Barracuda that I found a 340 for. Had so much fun and so many speeding tickets with that thing. And I remember my first engine overhaul I did for my dad. Big ole 460 Ford engine for my dad's cheap camper that he bought off some Mexican that was heading back home. And I remember my first truck.. It was an in line 6 cylinder and I got it for free, again because a Mexican my dad knew was going back to Mexico and had too many vehicles.

Always had spare money to buy parts at Napa, get the cylinder bored and honed, buy all the tools and the cherry picker. Back then, I only made $6.90 an hour, but then $6.90 an hour could buy you something if you put in a little over time.

So 30 years later, things have changed. I can't afford, nor do I have the room, for restoring a muscle car, or an Aston Martin, or something snazzy. But I do have room for a Spree or 2. I've learned... depending on what you are looking to do, that can get quite pricey as well... But then, to me, it's just as fun as an expensive car is once you are to the point where you have done everything within reason to make the scoot your own.

Who collects things to make money? Don't care how bad or good the economy is in any perspective. A hobby is a hobby. If scoots get too expensive, I'd be just as content doing drones or maybe even model cars like I did before discovering engines.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

73 Cuda. that is one Bada** carr. I'm a Mopar fan.
my first car was a 1972 Chevy Malibu 2 door black on black.
today I drive a Saturn wagon, and a dodge caravan. Lol

I understand what you guys are trying to say. My point is the rich are getting richer and the poor stay the same.
over the years everything in my life has increased in price. But my paycheck has stayed the same
It seems like the system is set up for a person working 40 hours a week not to get ahead in life.

Year after year I always pay more it doesn't matter who's in office.
that's why I say in the end we're all going to pay.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

The detriment to us all paying more and more, and the real loser, is businesses themselves. If I can no longer afford to restore the muscle car, or if I could no longer afford to hop up a sccoter, the losers in this are the guys selling the parts to me in the first place. Who will more then likely come out the winner, will be the company who will sell me something at the price I CAN afford... Think China and their HUGE influence on the current scooter market. And soon to be, other markets. For all of their inferiority they gain because of pricing.

I was able to build a rad ride TaoTao for half the price of a Zuma 50 that will romp all over most every scoot in town.

But it's not just foreign competition. Take a look at my job. We compete with Harley Davidson. That's a big boy to fight with, but the other guys can't take our #2 and #3 spots. We got into that position by aggressive pricing. Make no mistake, we bust our rears and do lots of over time to put out something people love. But loving it, and being able to afford it, are 2 different things.

Here's the problem, yet solution... The free market will decide. For those of us who are American workers, aggressive pricing will keep us employed. As for China... unfortunately, you will see the same thing.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

ped wrote:73 Cuda. that is one Bada** carr. I'm a Mopar fan.
my first car was a 1972 Chevy Malibu 2 door black on black.
today I drive a Saturn wagon, and a dodge caravan. Lol

I understand what you guys are trying to say. My point is the rich are getting richer and the poor stay the same.
over the years everything in my life has increased in price. But my paycheck has stayed the same
It seems like the system is set up for a person working 40 hours a week not to get ahead in life.

Year after year I always pay more it doesn't matter who's in office.
that's why I say in the end we're all going to pay.
Agreed and change wont happen unless its forcefull and quick making the throats of the higher borguise pay for the tight backs of the slaves below them. A family should be able to have a skngle parent that can afford them food and cloths with a decent home and school supplies. But instead he have mothers who have to rely on the community and their full time job to get their kids basic items. Hilliard nor Rump are gonna fix anything after all they are running for president to gain money. No one is that alteristitic to do so much for others when it harms their paycheck. A leader should be scared of its citizens and citizens shall not be scared of the goverment. But we have it all backwards and that is costing all of lower class. The highclass extort, I can not blame them but they do what they must to not fall lower. Its a system meant to make power and to drop the weak. Im sad to say not even Bernie would of been the awnser we needed. Maybe a step in the right direction would be a massive workers strike or a complete reform of goverment through many ways.

China is an example of complete free market. People expect companies to fight to better each others product but in relaity the more compaines that make it the cheaper they get.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

it's a no-win situation. The free market will decide but regulations will control it to keep us protected.
Unlike China which has few regulations, and low pay. But the people are choking with the smog.
I don't remember the last time less for something.

you're right they're running for president to gain more money. not to help anyone but themselves.

government is not for the people, it's to control the people.
Think about it we are not really free to do what we want. Government regulations keep Us in control
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

I say fix America by making parts that fix America right here in America. Scooters, car engines, bridges, roads. Make building all those things we wanna fix a huge buyers market of aggressive pricing. Demand creates jobs, not supply side economics. I don't wanna buy cheap Chinese junk and neither does anybody else, but then nobody had tried creating a market in products they DON'T offer.. like OEM replacement for older/vintage scooters. SURELY someone can create a market for cheap petcock covers!! Or how about a BBK made in the USA? I'd buy one. You go to NAPA for a car part, it probably came from Mexico. How about a "new" model aftermarket part made in America. But see, here is where the cards are stacked. People don't get that kind of start up capital by walking in from their job at McDonalds straight into the bank, showing the loan officer their 8 year degree in engineering, and expect you'll be walking out with a new business venture. You have to be fairly wealthy to begin with to get into aftermarket part creation. I suppose a couple molds, die's, lathes can get you so far, but to do something real high tech takes some serious high dollars. Something the common folk can't do on their own.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Very true Clark. The banks will never give the average Joe a loan like that.
And if you're lucky enough to get one the interest will be very high.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Remember in the 50's when the Man's wages alone could afford the home, cars, clothes, food, raise 2-3 kids and still be comfortable? While the wifey could stay home and actually raise the children. Now even when both parents work 40hr jobs its tough to buy a mediocre home, drive high mileage clunker cars and shop generic off brands while grocery shopping just to keep the lights on. Also while paying for high priced child care so someone else raises your kids and youre stuck in the "living check-to-check" cycle.

Making 50k-60k/yr used to be considered "making good money"....ahhh the good ol days.

Sheesh, a dumpy 2-bdrm apartment in the ghetto here is like $1200/$1400mo.

Now that Ive complained how broke this country is...when is SSS getting more af05 gears in stock, I wanna buy some... :bowrofl:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Skeletor 2020. We will take grayskull back!
Attachments
20161109_175519.jpg
20161109_175519.jpg (185.35 KiB) Viewed 9827 times
Waffles97
Goped
Goped

Post by Waffles97 »

Skeletor could work. I'm not up to date on his stance regarding eastern Asian trade agreements......
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Something tells me he doesn't support green energy and believes strictly in "fossil" fuels.... :D
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Skeletor+fossil fuels.... let that sink im for a moment
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F