Upcoming Presidential election

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Upcoming Presidential election

Post by benji »

"Where are the Donald trump freedom of choice chia pet heads made?" Hahahahha. I'm betting either Mexico or china. At least I hope.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Does the bernie one roll over and give up when it sees the Hillary one?

Seriously tho, I am in pain when I see either of these people (Hillary or Donald)on TV being chosen to represent this country to the rest of the world. And it's been like this since I became old enough to vote. First it was bush and his idiocracy(mix of idiocy and democracy) Then it was Obama who just came outta left feild somewhere, now it's these people.

Think it's time to take over an island and move there permanently, ill name it "scooterland". Or new tacoma. Whichever.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Cotton Fields of Home

I drove home from Atlanta today and I realized it had been perhaps 40 years since I drove through southern Georgia at the end of October, and I had forgotten the size and number of cotton fields in the area. I snapped this photo out the side window of the van as I was driving 70 mph, so the picture is a bit blurry, but here is a cotton field almost ready for harvest:

Here's hoping that America will be great again..
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I a lot of people like Trump because he saying stuff that people want to here AND that its true.... Its just that your not suppose to be saying stuff like that cause its " Politically Incorrect". But who knows. :)
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

The problem with Trump, is sure he's saying what people want to hear. Doesn't matter if you want to call how he is saying it "politically correct" or not, but he is offering no real solutions. For instance, the wall he keeps rambling on about building.. I don't find it absurd the notion of actually building a wall, what I find absurd is the reasoning behind it. The claim is that it is to keep people from crossing the border illegally.

So, OK, fine, you have a means to prevent people crossing over illegally. That does NOTHING to fix the cause of the problem. The reason being, is that the vast majority of people who are in the country illegally, are only illegal because of expired Visa's. This is something Trump refuses to address, or even talk about probably because he knows if people kept themselves informed, his talking point about building a wall, would quickly crumble apart.

So what we have here in America, is literally MILLIONS of people, who legally crossed over... more then likely for work, and because of our messed up system, find themselves drowning in all kinds of bureaucratic red tape which prevents them from renewing their Visa, or even applying for citizenship... thus.. 12 million illegals!! How would a wall fix THAT??

It won't, and that's a fact!!

Personally, I would prefer that they stayed illegal... here's why..

First of all, contrary to all the fear mongering, undocumented citizens can not get ADC, FOOD STAMPS, OBAMACARE, ETC, ETC.. This is very easy to prove.. go to your local online social services website, pretend you are an illegal/ unnaturalized citizen... apply for benefits... see how far you get.

Another reason I would prefer they stay illegal... Social Security and Medicare. They can work from the time they are 16 till they are 65 and be illegal for all I care because the day they turn 65 and retire, they will not receive a Social Security check, they will not be eligible for Medicare. They will have spent the majority of their life paying free money to all of us who do qualify just because they never took the initiative to become a naturalized citizen.

And THAT ITSELF is yet another issue that gets fear mongered and distorted... The naturalization process take MANY MANY years. People don't just come over legally, get made into citizens, and get the right to vote. That's not how the system works.

Trumps entire campaign is focused on the poorly educated and he relies on their ignorance of our laws to support the views he is trying to convey. Make no mistake about it though. Trump is no idiot. You can very well bet he DOES know what the actual laws are, but you will NEVER hear him cite them. Hillary told him not to.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I worked in the construction industry for 15yrs. Met many illegal citizens on the job accepting lesser wages than legal citizens can survive on. One by one, they were hired by contractors so THEY TOO could chase their American dream of making higher income by paying lower wages. Its an epidemic in many industries. Factories, Agriculture, Landscaping, etc...Small Business owners cash-in on the opportunity by employing undocumented citizens with a blind-eye to pad their own wallets. Mostly driven by increasing taxes, insurance costs, L&I, medicare, taxes etc year by year for each employee.

I, myself, own a small business with an employee count of 1...me. Ive done extensive research into expansion of the business by hiring an employee to handle menial tasks while I drive business and solicit to new clients. However, with all the costs of an employee I would have to pay them minimum wage and the profit would be almost zero. If I were to hire an illegal citizen, I could pay them $15/hr and STILL turn a profit to pay myself...the owner.

The system is broken.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

The system is MEANT to be broken. By making it hard for people to become legal citzens, your building in a slave class. It used to be much easier for people to come here and work, and to become naturalized citzens or go home when they were done.
And the messed up part is that the Republican party caters to the Latin vote. They even put up ads in Spanish. I saw a George Bush Jr commercial where HE actually spoke Spanish thru the whole thing.
I'm not sure what the answer is, but the "system" is definately broken, I don't know how to fix it tho.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

benji wrote:I'm not sure what the answer is, but the "system" is definately broken, I don't know how to fix it tho.
Karl Marx wrote: The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

All will be welcome in scooterland...except politicians. Complete anarchy will be divine law in scooterland. And we're gonna build a wall.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

As long as its a wall of death and we make Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton pay for it.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

"In bourgeois society capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality." Karl Marx
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

There are no winners from either candidate. In the end we're all going to pay, and America's a** will be sore.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Waffles97
Goped
Goped

Post by Waffles97 »

This post is turning into the communist manifesto.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Much like Ex-Lax and Ambien...you should never mix Scooter chat and Politics. :smile:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Waffles97
Goped
Goped

Post by Waffles97 »

amen