Upcoming Presidential election

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Upcoming Presidential election

Post by MrJumps »

1man8scoots wrote:Hehe fossil fuels
Im giggling really hard everytime I read it it gets funnier.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
kuromi
Spree
Spree

Post by kuromi »

I want "Skeletor Supports Fossil Fuels" on a bumper sticker!
1983 Melody Deluxe II / ND50MC
1984 Melody Mini / NP50D
1979 Simson Schwalbe KR51/1 (think 2 wheel trabant/ East German Honda Cub)
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm still hoping for the scooterland thing to take off. Maybe I can hijack an island?

I agree that we should be manufacturing more parts in America and that we all should be putting our money into American goods and services, but in the end it's hard not to go the cheap Chinese route when you've got kids and bills... I try to support my fellow Americans by spending my money person-2-person, meaning I like to pay cash on Craigslist more than I like to pay credited dollars through a machine at some giant store owned by foreign investors or the "one percent". I work for myself as much as possible, doing side work and making money buying and selling items. Sometimes I'm able to go w/o a day-job, but usually I still have to work full time for someone while doing whatever I can on the side. Up until recently I was involved in the medical marijuana industry in washington state, and that was almost completely unregulated by the state and somehow it still was customer service and quality driven while being just profitable enough to free common people from financial slavery. Then the state took it away and gave it to out of state and foreign investors so they could tax the crap out of it. Now the state is lush with tax money and tens of thousands of people like me had to start over. I'm hoping/waiting for the American cash economy to take-off. Cash businesses are already a large part of the American economy, I see it as a way for the small local guy to support himself and others like him while stickin' it to the man.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Private sales should NOT be hit with sales tax. I bought a 1976 14' aluminum boat a few years back from my buddy for $1000. I had to pay sales tax on the $1000 when I transferred the title. I sold the boat last Summer and the new owner had to pay sales tax ON THE SAME BOAT! This being a 1976 boat it probably had changed owners many times and every time was taxed on the sale. They say youre cheating the system if you mis-quote the sale price on a bill of sale but that's crap! How many times should they be able to tax the same item? Especially for a private sale?!? Im not a boat dealer with a license making profits on these things regularly...that's just not right.

Every scooter Ive ever bought/sold had a recorded sales price of $50 or less no matter what it really was. The State got their tax money on the ORIGINAL sale when it was bought new from the dealer.

Whats next? Are they gonna start making us claim private sales money as taxable earnings? :bs:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm legally titled and reg'd on one scooter-and that's all I will be. I'm not paying for more than 1 plate or for more than one sticker a year for that plate. I'm tired of The Man getting in my private life and charging me for everything even tho I'm "free". And don't tell me it's worse in other countries, because I've actually BEEN to other countries and we have THE SAME PROBLEMS as poor people in other countries, just more stuff to buy. As far as I'm concerned, being American means standing up to injustices so that's what I do, by "opting out" of all there requirements that they illegally force on me. Screw em. Especially when they point to the poorest people in other countries like Mexico or china and say "at least we have it better than them". We don't. Poor people in this country have the same problems as people in China or mexico, but actually receive less municipal aid than people in those countries. And they never show us the middle class or upper income class from those countries, because they want us thinking we have all we can get, when in reality we get very little and pay thru the nose to the taxman for everything in our lives. And then we're told it's our fault cuz we voted for the wrong people, when the only people were allowed to vote for are chosen by the current political and financial leaders of this country. Dictators do same thing, you can vote for anybody as long as it's not someone who isn't approved by the current regime.

Sorry, sometimes I get heated.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

to further fuel the flames, I just went to buy tabs for my little 1987 scooter and it was $80!....really!? A tiny little moped costs $80!?! That's not title transfer or sales tax....only tabs! B to the S.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Our incoming President doesn't pay taxes, so why should I?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Exactly