Progress on the Xingyue XY150ZK (A.K.A. AutoMoto)

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: Progress on the Xingyue XY150ZK (A.K.A. AutoMoto)

Post by motormike »

vintagegarage wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 pm Sold it today to a man from the Orlando area..
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
jeledoux
Noob
Noob

Post by jeledoux »

Do you have any spare parts for the Xy150zk? I have a 2008 Zingyue I just purchased and looking for parts.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

No, sorry. I didn't have many spares, but I gave what I had to the buyer.. I found that standard GY6 150 engine parts on eBay worked for engine parts, a GY6 fuel sending unit worked after re-wiring it so up was down and down was up, and a GY6 brake master cylinder was also a perfect match. I never found a source for new body parts.
jeledoux
Noob
Noob

Post by jeledoux »

Okay, Thanks. I was able to get parts on eBay for the common stuff.

Right now I'm stuck with a bike that has no spark. The plug wire's connector had broken. I had to replace the plug wire so I bought a plug, wire, and CDI unit on eBay. Now I'm not getting any spark. I'm not too knowledgeable about how to use a multimeter, so I don't know if I am testing the wiring correctly.

I am also looking for the fuse box that is in the wiring schematic. I've pulled off most of the panels with no luck. Any suggestions?
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

suggestions: yes. Find a GY6 forum on the internet and ask your question there.. One thing you will get a lot of help on is GY6 150 engines..they are perhaps the most common scooter engine in the world now. All I can tell you is that the plastic end of the spark plug wire unscrews from the wire, and if you broke the plastic end that connects to the spark plug, simply unscrew it from the wire and screw on a new one.

CDI units from ebay will most likely have the wrong timing curve for your engine. Since you have proven that a new CDI unit didn't solve your problem, go back to using the original CDI unit until you prove that the original is defective. I don't think your scooter has a fuse box. It may have one or more fuses inline in the wiring harness.. not sure if that is true or where it (they) is (are).
Youngseal
Noob
Noob

Post by Youngseal »

I registered here on hondaspree just to thank you for your comprehensive coverage of this item. I have just bought a euro version called a Eurotrike150 and your coverage will make my restoration all the more fun.

I have been trying to figure out the tilting mechanism without much luck. Were it to be greased using the grease nipple should it improve its stability? It has a freestanding issue at the moment. In tilt lock I am not confident that it will stay upright, any advice would be appreciated!

Congrats btw on being able to pass the project on!

Regards,

Ronan
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

I am not sure, but when I greased the tilt mechanism using the grease nipple, I got perhaps a bit more rear wheel hop. I couldn't ungrease it to verify the test, and I greased it early in the project, so I didn't have a lot of ride time before greasing it. My theory was that if one rear wheel was out of round, it could maybe bounce more if the tilt mechanism was well greased. Not sure that the physics supports this.

The tilt lock mechanism has a number of functions. There is a ratchet involved that also locks the foot brake, so that when the tilt lock handle is up and you step on the foot brake, it should stay locked. The only way to release the brake is to lower the tilt lock handle. Unlike the Honda Gyro, you can push the Xingue around while the tilt lock is on (if the foot brake is off). Thus if I wanted to back up, I put the tilt lock on, dismounted and walked the scooter backwards. The I got back on, unlocked the tilt, and then rode off.. After unlocking the tilt lock, I always tested the tilt by rocking the scooter with both feet on the ground to make sure it was unlocked before riding off.

Good luck with yours.. I found it fun to ride, but it took up a lot of space in the garage..