New automotive program SOCAL

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

GoodJuan
Noob
Noob

New automotive program SOCAL

Post by GoodJuan »

Hey everyone. I just thought i'd share a program I just recently came across for those who are interested in working in the high performance aftermarket industry.

If you're like me, you've been frustrated with automotive education options (ex. don't want to be a service tech working on minivans all day) And you've looked into UTI and other high performance private school options but you've found them lacking(NASCAR not your bag) or too much money...then it would be worth your while to look into this.

Citrus College in Glendora CA has recently put together a bunch of performance oriented classes they have into a 2 year certificate program in cooperation with SEMA. The classes have an emphasis on preparing you to professionaly sell yourself to the industry. Some students even get to intern at the SEMA show in the fall.

The program has several race cars to build. Also, track days are set up to test the cars and their modifications. If you're a good driver, you can talk to the teacher about letting you drive them. (one student is using the teacher's car to get his SCCA lisence)

Here's the class list:
http://www.citrus.cc.ca.us/counsel/cert ... erform.pdf

You can find course outlines for the classes here:
http://www.citrus.cc.ca.us/as/curriculu ... s/auto.htm

Myself, i'll be moving from SD to Glendora to start the program. I'm looking at is as a place to explore more in the area and get a leg up when I transfer to a 4 year. Citrus is still a community college, so you can work at transfering the same time as the HPI program. So anyway, check it out go ahead and email the guy who heads the program if you want to learn more, he's a cool guy(dennis korn) tell him ernest sent you.
1985 Spree (red)
E30 318is