SCORE!!!

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7hJvetwFg

Before the trans was flushed and filled and I discovered the bottom end is leaking.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Wheelman-111

Bottom End Leaking? Huh?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Do you mean the seals at the ends of the crankshaft? Still not clear to me how that gets water into the tranny, which should be a chamber separate from the crankcase.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Yes more than likely crank seals but there is also the gasket between the case halves, this could have blown. Yes it should be separate from the trans but it is quite clearly not at the moment. You do realize that the engine/tranny is one big casting right?

The blown seal has nothing to do with water getting in the trans, water got into the trans because it is vented and if something like this is stored in unheated conditions in a climate that swings form -20* to 80* condensation builds up in the spring. I know where there is a 67 Camaro that has spent 10 years not running in an unheated garage, I bet I could pull the engine oil drain and collect a couple cups of water.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Wheelman-111

Condensation Frustration

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Sorry to say you're right. If the midline case gasket is gone, life will suck. But they can't both be screwed, can they? Maybe make one a parts bike? You can only ride one at a time :)

I hope things work out for you. I'm very jealous, actually. :)

Don't drink '67 Camaro water!
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

The other nicer closer to street able one need a full engine rebuild, missing the jug and the bottom end is loose, needs rod bearings+bottom end bearings, maybe a rod. Story is the oil pump went to *. It will probably be robbed of parts for the other till I have a decent beater dirt bike and the rest parted out($$$$$).
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Got some crank seal numbers a bearing shop might understand. Just gotta actually buy them. Nothing beats 6k+rpm in the snow with a nearly bald tire.

Yes, there are icicles hanging off it.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

THE BEARING SHOP HAD THE SEALS!

Installed the right side(trans) today, night/day difference, now it just smokes(injector working), no oil dripping from the exhaust.

Then on the second test run the rear brakes went out, my though train went something like this

:? :shock: :shock: :shock: (engine braking and front brakes save my *) GOD DAMMIT!!!

Now I just need to figure out the lack of lights, rear brakes, an air filter and a jet(I HATE SLIDE CARBS)

The never ending struggle continues...
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

IM A DUMBASS!

After pulling the rear end apart I finally realized I forgot to readjust the brakes after I removed the linkage to get the sidecover out for the new crank seal.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

You're an honest mechanic. Glad you sorted things out. BTW they's PLENTY of tread left on them knobbies. :)
Wheelman-111