this is my new toy

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

timcat
Elite
Elite

this is my new toy

Post by timcat »

its a ruger 10/22 carbine . i know you can do a lot of cosmetic mods to it. like after market tactical stocks and the like . it came with a scope but i dont want a scope im gonna add a front fire sight and a rear peep sight . Image
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Get a plastic bolt buffer and a hammer kit while your at it, and free float/bed it. It will become a much smoother more accurate rifle.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
timcat
Elite
Elite

Post by timcat »

that sounds like a place to start and unlike my pistol its actually not very loud i was just shooting it in the basement at a book . i have a back stop to prevent ricochet. i traded my mosin nagant for it but im still looking at pics of what these rugers look like with tactical stocks .
dgsoles
Spree
Spree

Post by dgsoles »

Traded your Mosin nagant? Mine is still doing nice! I love my little 1953, Hungarian M-44 Carbine (with fold-out bayonet!). Wouldn't trade it for anything. Not to mention, if there ever is an uprising, revolution, or invasion, I can shoot with confidence, knowing my round will blow through most forms of personal protection with ease. Gotta love the 7.62x54R, not a big round, but a round with a lot of gunpowder behind it. Maybe I'll post some pics later today, I just re-blued it last month.
1986 Honda Spree - Running amazing.....body work still needs to be done, but that's a Spring job.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

traded a moisin nagant!!! ay caramba. my gun buddy has one thats heavily modified, different stock, longer barrel, flash supressor, bunch of other stuff, he sez its one of his most accurate rifles. plus the bayonet is badasss
dgsoles
Spree
Spree

Post by dgsoles »

Some people don't appreciate a good, armor-piercing rifle....mine's stock, as of now, someday I'll mod it, when I have more interest in it, that is...
1986 Honda Spree - Running amazing.....body work still needs to be done, but that's a Spring job.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

some people....7.62 goes right through 1/2" steel plate!
dgsoles
Spree
Spree

Post by dgsoles »

Well, I doubt the 7.62x39 (commonly found in AK-47 Kalishnokov) will actually penetrate 1/2" steel, it'll leave a * of a dent. But, the mosin-nagants chambered for 7.62x54 definitely will penetrate 1/2 steel, with a full-metal jacket, of course. It's nice to know I can shoot through police and SWAT kevlar with ease....not that I would, of course, I respect our boys in blue. :lol:
timcat
Elite
Elite

Post by timcat »

well i may just go buy another i got it at a discount sporting goods store for like 90 bucks so i may just get another i like the idea that i can have 500 rounds in 22 all in clips ready to go dont underestimate the rugger 10 22 if we did have an invasion i would take head shots as im sure my neighbors would as well. see a 22 bullet is silent from not to far away with subsonic rounds i was shooting in to a phone book with my brother sleeping in the basement and it didint wake him up . but i plan on accuiring a lot of guns cause our new gov is gonna take them away . but none the less i doubt we will have an invasion cause our president is gonna release all the bad guys at gitmo and they will just go home happy or go to random prisons here on the mainland. in that case they will most likely escape . at any rate my mosin was russian and from 1942 but i got it for like 90 bucks and the ruger is worth more than that .
dgsoles
Spree
Spree

Post by dgsoles »

Yeah, my mosin was from dunhams sporting goods.....$40 about seven years ago...was in some kind of nasty shape, too, took a week to get it clean.
timcat
Elite
Elite

Post by timcat »

the other good thing about a rugger 10 22 its so accurate that i can hit a dime from 25 ft with it :) a 22 can kill any living creature if you know where to put the lead even an elephant will drop if you shot it in the eye socket so i dont want any one to try to say its a wimpy round
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Although millions of beef cows have died with a .22 between the eyes, try making a deer hold that still! A dime form 25ft is not a big deal, at 100 yards every time it is! That would be .5 MOA or better.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
timcat
Elite
Elite

Post by timcat »

i watched an old man kill a deer with a 22 he shot it in the spine
dgsoles
Spree
Spree

Post by dgsoles »

This is devolving rapidly into, "My gun is bigger/better than your gun." Remember guys, a rock, a spear, an arrow, or a bullet will all do the job from a distance.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

this reminds me of a george carlin quote....

at some point someone said to himself, hey i really wish those people over there were on fire, but im just way to far away to get the job done...