Any Iowa riders?

Scooter clubs section. Not Honda-specific, but hey, you're here so you probably already own at least one. See board for posting details.

Moderator: Moderator

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Any Iowa riders?

Post by eliteguy50 »

lowblueranger wrote:I'm in Iowa City ^^^
We should ride sometime-I'm currently installing Polini BBK on my sr50 but I have a jog I could ride too!
Af05 or af16 sr50?

We should get a cruise going.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
lowblueranger
Spree
Spree

Post by lowblueranger »

I'm not sure it was stock when I bought it -I'll check case markings when I get home. We should get a ride together or just meet up if weather is poor and dicuss scooter stuff :smile:
lowblueranger
Spree
Spree

Post by lowblueranger »

AF16 it's a 2001. I can't seem to get it started after installing the polini BBK. It's getting fuel, replaced the reeds and it still won't start. I'm pulling hte cylinder this weekend and making sure nothing broke(rings, clips on piston), then check compession.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

if your compression is to high its wont run .. was your plug wet???
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

I would check compression before your take it apart. Are you still getting spark?
lowblueranger
Spree
Spree

Post by lowblueranger »

Plug is wet. compression test was at 60psi :cry:
I pulled the head off and the top gasket must have got trapped inbetween when I was installing it. DO I have to replace it with a polini gasket or can I just use any 2 inch o-ring gasket? I sure hope this was my problem of it not starting.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

lowblueranger wrote:Plug is wet. compression test was at 60psi :cry:
I pulled the head off and the top gasket must have got trapped inbetween when I was installing it. DO I have to replace it with a polini gasket or can I just use any 2 inch o-ring gasket? I sure hope this was my problem of it not starting.
Does not have to be Polini but not all o-rings will work with the temps. It has to be high temp safe.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Polini's ring is made of something called Viton. Fuel and heat-resistant to like 700 degrees or whatever. You can't use rubber for sure.

Commercial suppliers of just about any thickness & size-O-Viton are out there, but usually you have to order a thousand of them to make it worth their while. Sometimes it's easier to call VT or DayWOT.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
lowblueranger
Spree
Spree

Post by lowblueranger »

I have polini one ordered for it and awaiting delivery! Thanks
While I was at it I ordered a OKO 21mm carburetor, throttle cable, ct intake, pod filter, 8.44 gears. I have alot of winter project for me. I still have a KOSO clutch, new Keli variator, outer aluminum ramp, polini belt, 1000rpm tourque spring.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

lowblueranger wrote:I have polini one ordered for it and awaiting delivery! Thanks
While I was at it I ordered a OKO 21mm carburetor, throttle cable, ct intake, pod filter, 8.44 gears. I have alot of winter project for me. I still have a KOSO clutch, new Keli variator, outer aluminum ramp, polini belt, 1000rpm tourque spring.
Are you planning on getting it on the road this season or will it be a winter build?
lowblueranger
Spree
Spree

Post by lowblueranger »

I hope to have it running before winter. But just take my time this winter building it the rest of the way. I usually have a sport bike project during the winter, but sold the 07' R6 I had just rebuilt and bought this as a fun winter project. I have my Jog to ride, but was changing the rear trans oil, contra spring and noticed the clutch was broke! So now waiting on new oem clutch for it :(
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Did your clutch come in?
lowblueranger
Spree
Spree

Post by lowblueranger »

Yep got it a couple week ago. I put a gates belt on it but I think it's slipping. Probably going to switch back to th yamaha belt. I just bought a zuma too! Lot's of aftermarket parts but I'm making it stock.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

lowblueranger wrote:Yep got it a couple week ago. I put a gates belt on it but I think it's slipping. Probably going to switch back to th yamaha belt. I just bought a zuma too! Lot's of aftermarket parts but I'm making it stock.
I am getting rid of my Zuma but I still have some parts if you just want to play with it. Bugeye first or second gen?
lowblueranger
Spree
Spree

Post by lowblueranger »

The zuma is a 2002- but I pulling the engine and putting a 2008 engine in- the crank's stripped on the outer varaiator fan and the nut is welded to the end of the crank. It has alot of parts on it-so I'm stripping it down and transfering the malossi 70cc clutch, arreche carb-to the new engine. I have the elite all together now and running, It's so awesome!!!! I just haven't installed the gears, but new tires and metropolitan wheels to be installed tomorrow.