FIRST ANNUAL FLORIDA EPICON TOUR 2011

Scooter clubs section. Not Honda-specific, but hey, you're here so you probably already own at least one. See board for posting details.

Moderator: Moderator

KACHOWkeith
BMX
BMX

FIRST ANNUAL FLORIDA EPICON TOUR 2011

Post by KACHOWkeith »

hey everybody! im planning one of the coolest rallies or whatever you want to call it EVER! you guys should check it out and let me know if your interested or are going to come. im hosting it on totalruckus.com but im trying to get all kinds of scooterists to come so we can have a large number and diverse group. let me know if you have any question

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 53&t=53208

THE FIRST ANNUAL FLORIDA EPICON

not your average scooter epicon, this isnt in one set spot, ITS ALL OVER FLORIDA

FELLAS, WE ARE GOING ON TOUR!

this is going to take place May 7, 2011 to May 15,2011
yes people, one week of scooter mayhem
sure you can think that this may be pricey but you have 5 months to save $700
with my calculations you shouldnt have to spend more than $550 if your cheap but i decided to round it up to $700 for beer costs, snacking, souvenirs and "miscellaneous" costs.

you will put over 1200 miles on your ruckus, zuma, vespa or whatever your riding, that is... if your scoot can handle it.
the event would start At our very own's ComposiMo Coatings & Fabrication. That is where we will park, start and end.
We would stay in
1. St.Augustine
2. Cocoa Beach
3. Miami
4. The Keys
5. Miccosukee Resort
6. Clewiston
7. Clearwater

We would mostly stay in motels/hotels but would camp in St.Augustine and in The Keys.
we would have 4 people per room to keep cost down but your are welcome to split the cost if you want to team up with another ruckster. for camping you are responsible for your own camping gear (tent/hammock, sleeping bag, etc.) when we do camp in the keys we will have a grilled dinner and have a $3 donation for food and cooking supplies. bridge fishing will take place that day too so your more than welcome to cook what you catch.

On our tour we would do various activities such as a ghost tour, snorkeling, gambling, rock climbing and many others. Each day would have a different event planned. we encourage all rucksters and scooterists to take place in these activities. if you choose to not take place in some events then your on your own. at some stops we will have "free time" where you guys can do whatever you want. maybe break off into smaller groups and goto clubs, bars, whatever you want to do. On the last day when we arrive back at Composimo's we will all load up and have a cookout as well as have an awards ceremony for various awards for ones who complete the whole ride without a breakdown, most florida stickers on the battery box, best crash, and many more.

THIS IS 50CC FRIENDLY
all routes and route times are based on a 40mph average speed. most are backroads or on US1 and A1A. we do have 2 sections over the whole route that have a dirt road option to switch it up a bit to make for a little more adventure and to get a little deeper into florida's backwoods. of course we have a detour for the ones who dont want to dirty up their shiny stretched out rucks, zumas or maybe their old vespas. throughout the days we travel we do have spots to meet up and reassemble as a group. the goal is to have 2 groups, a swap group and a 50cc group. We may have more groups pending on the turnout we get.

SOME MAY BREAK DOWN
some may not. for those who do break down we will have a chase truck and trailer behind the 50cc group. we do not have drivers for the chase truck and trailer but if anyone has a girlfriend or wife or brother or a dad's second cousin twice removed who thinks they can handle it then please step up. we may have a welder in the back and hope to have plenty of spare parts to fix anything. it would be awesome if you could bring spare parts in case needed so everyone can continue their ride. we do have a stop in Miami at DORBYWORKS to do some basic maintenance and to try and take care of any major damage. it would be awesome if we could get some donations for gas for the chase truck considering gas for the chase truck could cost around $300 to $400.
REMINDER FLORIDA IS BLAZING HOT! OVERHEATING CAN BE A PROBLEM RUNNING WOT! PLEASE PREPARE SCOOTERS ACCORDINGLY. IT WOULDNT HURT TO MAKE A CATCH CAN FOR THE RIDE AND MAKE SURE YOUR RADIATOR FLUID IS FULL.

RIDE TIME!
each day we will ride about 4-6 hours and may be shorter for the swap riders. we will spend one whole day in miami without riding to the next stop but dorby said that he and the Miami crew would be more than happy to host some ride outs for some fun scenic riding. Ruckedup also said that he would be more than welcome to give us a tour of Key West. Hopefully the guys from the Pinellas County Crew can lead a ride around the Clearwater/St.Pete area. everyone will get plenty of ride time so be sure to get your stock of monkey butt powder here. http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

ANYONE WITH ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AWAY!
PLEASE FIRST LOOK AT THE FORUM TO SEE IF IT HAS BEEN ANSWERED
YOU ARE WELCOME TO PM ME FOR ANY DETAILS OR ANYTHING AT ALL
IF YOU ARE DOWN FOR THE RIDE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN PUT YOU DOWN ON THE LIST
IF YOU ARE JOINING MIDWAY OR ONLY GOING TO RIDE A CERTAIN LEG OF THE TOUR THEN LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU PLAN ON STARTING AND STOPPING.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SPONSORING THE EVENT IN ANY WAY PLEASE PM ME AND HOW YOU WANT TO SPONSOR!
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: FIRST ANNUAL FLORIDA EPICON TOUR 2011

Post by evilone »

Get plenty of video! Sounds fun.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

...holy * ! I wanna go... if not this year, the next! A worthy use of vacation time there!
I wish there were more rallies like this. We Michiganders should plan a ride like this, time it out with the St. Ignace car show or something... http://www.stignace.com/+-2011-motorize ... shows-483/.
Just a thought, I know there are a lot of scooterists around. But there are no clubs still functioning around Michigan that i know of...
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
KACHOWkeith
BMX
BMX

Post by KACHOWkeith »

Spreetard wrote:...holy * ! I wanna go... if not this year, the next! A worthy use of vacation time there!
I wish there were more rallies like this. We Michiganders should plan a ride like this, time it out with the St. Ignace car show or something... http://www.stignace.com/+-2011-motorize ... shows-483/.
Just a thought, I know there are a lot of scooterists around. But there are no clubs still functioning around Michigan that i know of...

COME ON DOWN MAN AND ENJOY SOME SOUTHER HOSPITALITY!
im sure you got some other scoot guys who would be down to split the cost of gas on a uhaul :rock:
MopedMan84

Post by MopedMan84 »

sounds like im in...need more info.....i live an hour away from st.augustine,,,i will run my liquid cooled italijet formula ....man this is goin to be fun...do you know where in the keys you will stop?.... i can have parts gophered to us from keywest for anyone who needs stuff for their scoots....performance or stock. my family owns the Honda shop in Key West!
KACHOWkeith
BMX
BMX

Post by KACHOWkeith »

routes are posted here

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 53&t=53318

we will be camping in the keys at bahia honda state park, but after we go snorkeling on thursday we will have a ride around key west. we will aslo be camping in st.augustine. yes you will be able to put camping gear in the chase truck. feel free to plan to camp with another person
KACHOWkeith
BMX
BMX

Post by KACHOWkeith »

campsites are filling fast in bahia honda state park, theres no way to reserve a spot without paying and i dont have the money to do that. so im going to find somewhere else we can camp.

COME ON PEOPLE! NOBODY ELSE IS SLIGHTLY INTERESTED?
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Very intersted but no way i can make it :|
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
KACHOWkeith
BMX
BMX

Post by KACHOWkeith »

i know we got more peoplee who want to come! :bump:
KACHOWkeith
BMX
BMX

Post by KACHOWkeith »

did MopedMan84 delete his account? it says it doesnt exist? anyone have a way i can contact him to talk to him about the tour
scootinroundatlanta
BMX
BMX

Post by scootinroundatlanta »

Ok I've read the update on the ruckus site, looks like they changed the rally for May 12-20th, 2012. I am SO game for that, seeing that may 12th happens to be move-out day at Georgia Southern. Count me in for the whole thing, can't wait :)
I've got a scooter
scootinroundatlanta
BMX
BMX

Post by scootinroundatlanta »

Who is close to this project and wants to re post it for the new 2012 date so people will know about it?????
I've got a scooter