Nature Coast 50 cc Scooter Gang, Florida, ?

Scooter clubs section. Not Honda-specific, but hey, you're here so you probably already own at least one. See board for posting details.

Moderator: Moderator

vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Nature Coast 50 cc Scooter Gang, Florida, ?

Post by vintagegarage »

Looking to meet up with other 50 cc scooter riders who live in Homosassa, Crystal River, Inverness, Hernando, and other towns in Florida's Nature Coast for informal group rides. It would also be great if we could start some sort of annual 50 cc scooter meet that would grow into something like the annual True Grits 50 cc motorcycle ride, except for 50 cc scooters and located in Florida during the winter. Please let me know if you want to meet up, or if you have ideas or know about a Florida 50 cc scooter annual big meet.
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Re: Nature Coast 50 cc Scooter Gang, Florida, ?

Post by Kustomkarma »

Some kind of Florida meet once or twice a year would be cool.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Have you attended the True Grits ?
I only have two under my belt, but already have a cabin reserved for 2016.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

motormike,
I haven't been to True Grits, and had never heard of it until your posts, but it is now on my bucket list after seeing your trip report. I'm now on the hunt for an MB5. I would have paid more than the top bid for the one on ebay last week in Michigan, but I decided after thinking about it for three days that I was too old for a round trip to Michigan. The one on eBay this week in California is about twice the price and has the wrong wheels, but the main drawback is that it is in California. I'd like to try to find one in Florida with a Florida title.. probably tough to find, but I'm looking..

I do think that Love Honda Motorsports in Homosassa might be talked into providing a site for a big 50 CC scooter ride. The problem as I see it is finding a route from there to interesting things to see on a 50-100 mile ride all while on roads with a 35 mph posted speed limit. It is pretty tough to map out interesting routes in this part of Florida that don't go on 60 mph highways. Homosassa Springs State Park and the Yulee Sugar Mill are close to Love Honda and available on 35 mph back streets. Getting from there to the Gulf Coast is a bit more tricky. There is probably a better site than Love Honda for a monster 50 CC scooter meet. I'm hoping someone has an idea or two.
motormike

Post by motormike »

The MB5 is a fun bike for sure.
They come up for sale pretty often, but you have to be watching frequently.
Plenty of parts to build the engines.
I've never had a running MB5...the Atlanta market is a good one to watch.
I have an MB5 that is suitable for parts or restore, but is admittedly rough shape.
I could sell for $350 local pick-up in Nashville...and you know I would trade for something that appealed to me.
No TITLE...so that is a problem for Florida...I can get a title here easily,
but the catch is you have to register it TOO, costing nearly $100.
Be aware that MB5 gas tanks are notoriously bad.
I would suspect the tank on mine to need some repairs, but it is still intact.
MB5 2015 002.JPG
MB5 2015 002.JPG (150.27 KiB) Viewed 8597 times
[/i][/size]
Attachments
MB5 2015 008.JPG
MB5 2015 008.JPG (153.79 KiB) Viewed 8597 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"