Michigan Riders

Scooter clubs section. Not Honda-specific, but hey, you're here so you probably already own at least one. See board for posting details.

Moderator: Moderator

mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Michigan Riders

Post by mopedman »

Michigan riders we a looking for more people here in Michigan to join us, the Michigan Moped Mafia, For rides, meet ups, just friends to talk to, if you have an interest in moped we want you.
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
jwasciuk
BMX
BMX

Just bought Elite near Grand Rapids.

Post by jwasciuk »

I picked this up at a garage sale near Grand Rapids, MI... $200. Drove it home on a wobbely rear tire and plumes of white smoke. Its a 2001 with over 5000 miles on it. Needs batt., turn signal lense, rear tire/rim and other mics screws and parts. So far I have verified the restrictor plate has been removed, ive cleaned the carb and drained the oil. Still need to de-carbonize muffler and waiting for a exhaust gasket (the one on it was made of aluminium foil!) before fireing it back up. On the ride home it topped out at 25 mph, was hoping the restrictor plate was still on it, but its not. Now im guessing the main problem is the muffler. Any sugestions would be appericiated. Anyway this forum has been a great help and its kinda cool that a lot of people are from Michigan. Hope to be able to ride with some of you soon.
Jay

mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

were u live? Nice find also
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
jwasciuk
BMX
BMX

Post by jwasciuk »

I live 20 min. east of Grand Rapids in a small town called Lowell.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

ok, i think ive been up there before, So what is it that is wrong with your bike?
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

You guys got our ridge from Bellivelle, is it still O.K.
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

I ment Bridge. :o
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

????
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
jwasciuk
BMX
BMX

Post by jwasciuk »

Im not sure about that. what bridge? Anyway I have an wobble in the rear wheel but the rim seems to be fine, it seems to be the tire, should I try to re-seat it or just buy a new tire? Also I guess I was assuming it would have a higher top end than 25 MPH, am I wrong? I de-carbonized the muffler today using the chemical method. I took pictures of each step and ill post them soon. As soon as I get the gasket I can drive it again and see if that gives me some more speed.
Thanks,
Jason
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

it might. it should go faster. i would just get a new tire, i would order a race one from vt
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
jwasciuk
BMX
BMX

Post by jwasciuk »

I was actually loking at other tires, but finding it difficult to locate the right size. Sorry im new, whats "vt"? Also the tire on it says 3.00 - 10 is this the stock size? should I be looking for other sizes. I noticed others here mention 2.75 and other sizes. I wnt to a cycle shop around here and they werent much help, they said it was a 80/90 or 90/90 I was looking for (metric) They had one but wanted $40+ plus $30 to mount it. Thats seemed high.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

jwasciuk wrote:Im not sure about that. what bridge? Anyway I have an wobble in the rear wheel but the rim seems to be fine, it seems to be the tire, should I try to re-seat it or just buy a new tire? Try reseating it, just let all the air out, sit on the bike and roll it down the driveway and back, thats how i reseat tube tires.Also I guess I was assuming it would have a higher top end than 25 MPH, am I wrong? you are right, derestrict that thing, http://www.scootertherapy.com/Eliteclutchpage.html I de-carbonized the muffler today using the chemical method. I took pictures of each step and ill post them soon. As soon as I get the gasket I can drive it again and see if that gives me some more speed.
Thanks,
Jason
You can find the correct tire size on a sticker near the idnition switch IIRC.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

VTCycles.com it is a performance site for mopeds its a bit outdated so just give them a call
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

I am not sure what road it is on or what it spans over.
But there was a road bridge bought and removed from belleville and set-up in Lowell Mi.
It is a steel road bridge for cars set-up in last couple years.
Not that it matters, just thought funny.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i want to buy a bridge, that just sounds like fun....... what you do today? bought a bridge!!
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express