KyleBo Mods the Pilot

This is the repository for hop-ups and mods for Elite and Spree. Look here for information on exhausts, porting, cylinders, intakes, and suspension mods.

Moderator: FAQ Moderator

Wheelman-111

KyleBo Mods the Pilot

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

KyleBo has boldly gone where no man has gone before; Modding the Pilot Jet!
Here's what he said:

I heated the carb where the pilot is pressed in the carb in pic 1 you can see I set a drill bit in it so that If I squeezed to hard with the pliers I would not crush the pilot.
carb1.jpg
carb1.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 6348 times
second pic is the pilot and a good shot of the jet hole into the carb throat. Both will be made bigger, I drilled the carb body one harbor freight drill bit size bigger, I dont remember but I think a .8mm or 1mm
carb2.jpg
carb2.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 6348 times
I drilled the pilot jet out ( it takes forever just give it time and some heat) I used the smallest drill bit I had in the harbor freight kit, .5mm Im guessing this is about perfect size anyway.
carb3.jpg
carb3.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 6348 times
clean carb and jet with some cleaner, heat carb inlet up with torch and tap the pilot jet back in. Be careful not to heat carb body up to hot, They get brittle and will melt if the get them to hot.

last pic is all done, as you can see in the pic I almost heated the carb to hot, try more tapping on the jet, less heat on carb, possibly jet in freezer would work great!
Carb4.jpg
Carb4.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 6348 times
I have not ran this carb yet But I will. I have full confidence it will work, just look at the pics why wouldn't it.
This could be the answer to the Sprees' pesky issues when the air box is removed and for BBK owners.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH