How to Install a New Compresion Spring

This is the repository for hop-ups and mods for Elite and Spree. Look here for information on exhausts, porting, cylinders, intakes, and suspension mods.

Moderator: FAQ Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

How to Install a New Compresion Spring

Post by Dac »

Center Springs are more of a tuning aspect then anything. slapping one on a stock scooter wont do much but if your building a fast bike you need to put a new one in. This is how you do it. ( its the same on almost any scooter)

Start by taking off the belt cover.
remove those bolts and it will pull right off.

Inside the rear pulley (clutch) is were the spring is. so you need to take it off also. I had my belt off already so it is not shown in this picture.
Remove the bolt show and the top part ( the bell ) will come right off.

Next take out the rest. Like i said, i had my belt already off. if you dont this part could be really hard. but if you undo your front pulley the belt comes off and this part is way easier.

Next you need to take that big bolt off that you can see in the picture above. I used a 39mm socket and an impact. There is better ways to do this but standing on it is a quick way. One time i used a rotor off a cars braking system by setting it over it. It held it down perfect.

After that bolt comes off the spring will shoot the top part off if your not ready. but after that you can lift parts off.
take the old one out.
Put the new one in. place everything back into place. and put the huge bolt back on.

After that just reassemble the rest like you took it apart. It took me all of 15 minutes and evened out my take off. Like i said before this is not going to give you power on a stock scooter. its a tuning part. If you spot any errors or want me to add some thing tell me here.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.