What Engine Did You SA? (Engine Code Clarification)

This is the repository for hop-ups and mods for Elite and Spree. Look here for information on exhausts, porting, cylinders, intakes, and suspension mods.

Moderator: FAQ Moderator

Is referring to Engine Codes instead of obsolete 1-year Model designations a good idea?

1. Yes
40%
2. Definitely
No votes
3. Positively
3%
4. Wheelman is anal-retentive
27%
5. Uhh, whut?
17%
6. Let the Newbies l'arn the hard way.
13%

Total votes: 30

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: What Engine Did You SA? (Engine Code Clarification)

Post by Lunytune »

Wheelman,
Yes, I noticed when I dropped the new jug down on my AF16, there is barely breathing room between jug and manifold. I don't know about some of that other stuff, but definitely to get 50cc with 39mm bore, they had to stoke it. I don't have a manual and uncertain of the PDF one in tech dept. It would be good to have a manual which dealt specifically with the AF16. BTW, I haven't pulled the panels but what I could tell while doing compression and plug change on the DIO, the AF18 and AF16 top end are the same. I suspect the Japs tweaked the 16 through other means to get it the punch that it has. I do like the way the CDI performs. It is definitely spunkier than the AF05. I won't be able to compare it to the rebuilt AF16 with the 50mm jug. That's not a fair comparison. I would like to have an AF16 stock just to compare performance.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes