No gas to/from carb?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

DaylightDies
Spree
Spree

No gas to/from carb?

Post by DaylightDies »

I bought a 19mm arreche carb a few weeks ago and cant get gas to run through it.

There are two lines from the fuel tank. Both are in the correct locations (i think)... Will take pics tomorrow... Couldnt get it to run.. have Throttle rigged up atm, and broke kickstart LOL (accident.. this sucks lol...)

Whats that thing circled in red? I took the cap off and it looks like a place to plug a hose onto.

Will post more in-depth pictures tomorrow.
'98 Yamaha Jog Cy50k
'96 "Frankenstein" Japanese Jog Cy50
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Re: No gas to/from carb?

Post by scooterwerx »

the circled deal is the port for the oil injection, i take it this is going on some sort of yamaha, jog or zuma? the large fitting on the other side is the inlet, pull the bowl and see if anything is obstructing the needle seat, and if you can blow through it...
DaylightDies
Spree
Spree

Post by DaylightDies »

Ok I figured it was the oil injection, and my hose that would normally fit on that is not big enough.. What do i do?

Its going on a 98 jog.
'98 Yamaha Jog Cy50k
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

you can get a larger piece of hose that fits the fitting, and a reducer to connect that hose to your oil line hose, or muscle it on there as long as its not too too small...
DaylightDies
Spree
Spree

Post by DaylightDies »

I got the oil line on, got the fuel going to the carb - but not getting fuel out of the carb to the motor! *???
Jets were clear when i re-assembled the d*** carb...
'98 Yamaha Jog Cy50k
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

check the float bowl height, take the hose that the bowl drain is connected to, turn it up, so the end is above the carb, and open the drain fitting, the float bowl height will be the amount of fuel in the hose, i dont know the exact spec for the arreche, but its a start. other than that, check all the vacuum lines for proper and leak free connection
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

yes, try to check float height. then make sure vacuum lines are on correct and tight.

also make sure to prime carb by applying vacuum (cranking a few times) with ignition off. then light spray start fluid and try to start.
projects galore :nerd: