REDSTREAK CDI PROBLEM

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

ronpack
Noob
Noob

REDSTREAK CDI PROBLEM

Post by ronpack »

We tore it down, did a paint job and while putting it back together all the pins pulled out of the cdi connector, this cdi has one plug, not 2 like my other bikes, has 5 pins ( wires) going into a white square plug that clips into the cdi box
I need the order they go in the connector, all mine are color coded, I could send somebody a pic to an email address, or if someone had a bike like this maybe they could look at it and give me an idea where they go
sorta like this has 6 holes in the white connector, but only 5 wires on the cdi box and only 5 wires to use

0 0
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Re: REDSTREAK CDI PROBLEM

Post by wikked_spree57 »

ronpack wrote:We tore it down, did a paint job and while putting it back together all the pins pulled out of the cdi connector, this cdi has one plug, not 2 like my other bikes, has 5 pins ( wires) going into a white square plug that clips into the cdi box
I need the order they go in the connector, all mine are color coded, I could send somebody a pic to an email address, or if someone had a bike like this maybe they could look at it and give me an idea where they go
sorta like this has 6 holes in the white connector, but only 5 wires on the cdi box and only 5 wires to use

0 0
Sounds like you need a standard Honda CDI box and connector. Most of the chinese bikes use honda clone parts, so using real honda parts only make it better!
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)