Can someone offer a hand with this Chinese heap?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Can someone offer a hand with this Chinese heap?

Post by wikked_spree57 »

We just got it and had to reset the timing. It's 4 stroke OHC. The timing is dead on, but we can't get fuel into the cylinder and if we shoot ether in the plug hole, nothing. It sparks fine with the plug out but seems to not be when inside.

The valves are operating properly, and the engine has compression. All we want is to hear this heap "pop" a few times so it can be put back together (valve and fan cover is off) and add fluids.

It has just enough oil in the case to safely run it for a split second.

We need to get this taken care of soon, if someone could offer assistance my number is 989-395-3129 call ANY TIME.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Can someone offer a hand with this Chinese heap?

Post by elitedio »

I have had a plug misfire with the plug in and seem to work fine when unscrewed. From what I know, the voltage is not high enough as the compression of the engine increases the demand. I have changed the plug for a new one and solved

Spraying ether into the carb throat doesn't make it pop?

If you are not drawing fuel then that speaks toward a fuel problem.

Has the motor been apart and the cam lost it's timing? You said that you had to reset the ignition timing.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA