1998 jog

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

sanj72
BMX
BMX

1998 jog

Post by sanj72 »

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone knew what the restrictions are on q 1998 jog (and hoe to remove them). I have searched on provoscooter, here, & some other scooter sites but to no avail. Thanks in advance for any input or advice.

:smile:
Wheelman-111

Unfortunate Yamaha Owner

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Ah, the Jog, with its horrifically mangled cylinder ripped from a proper vertical stance to drag its belly on the ground. Little old ladies pulling Oxygen tanks will overtake you. So embarassing... But if you must, Here goes:

The triple-Tuning-Fork emblem on the front cover creates a good deal of wake turbulence and must be removed in order for the Jog to exceed the pace of a slow trot. Replace immediately with much-more-aerodynamic Honda Wing emblem.

Yamaha equipped the Jogs with an intake manifold featuring an internal filter - actually a rolled-up Besuboru sock. That can be removed, but the manifold was welded to the block to prevent tampering, so you must use a medical Colonoscope to retrieve it. The rest of the baseball uniform is stuffed into the exhaust... :crazy:

Sinceriously, Burnt_Toast has built one - that came to an untimely end, documented in Bee_Tee's Blog.

However most Forumistas would recommend you...

Dude! Swap in a Dio!!

PS: Everyone's secretly jealous! :wink:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 1998 jog

Post by veedubh20 »

the jog has no restriction and just came out from the factory . Jog goes 50mph on stock motor.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Unfortunate Yamaha Owner

Post by bakaracer »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Ah, the Jog, with its horrifically mangled cylinder ripped from a proper vertical stance to drag its belly on the ground. Little old ladies pulling Oxygen tanks will overtake you. So embarassing... But if you must, Here goes:

The triple-Tuning-Fork emblem on the front cover creates a good deal of wake turbulence and must be removed in order for the Jog to exceed the pace of a slow trot. Replace immediately with much-more-aerodynamic Honda Wing emblem.

Yamaha equipped the Jogs with an intake manifold featuring an internal filter - actually a rolled-up Besuboru sock. That can be removed, but the manifold was welded to the block to prevent tampering, so you must use a medical Colonoscope to retrieve it. The rest of the baseball uniform is stuffed into the exhaust... :crazy:

Sinceriously, Burnt_Toast has built one - that came to an untimely end, documented in Bee_Tee's Blog.

However most Forumistas would recommend you...

Dude! Swap in a Dio!!

PS: Everyone's secretly jealous! :wink:
Just to let you know cc for cc the jog engine makes more power and goes faster than a dio.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

sanj72 wrote:Hello all. I was wondering if anyone knew what the restrictions are on q 1998 jog (and hoe to remove them). I have searched on provoscooter, here, & some other scooter sites but to no avail. Thanks in advance for any input or advice.

:smile:
If you are keeping it stock,get a aftermarket variator,belt and clutch shoe springs(1k) for a little higher stall and your good.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

Thanks for the input. I rode the scoot on sat for about 40 miles & was amazed on how nice it is stock. The sa's are still my passion though. A few of you have see the pics I posted of my collection a while ago, sadley to say I let 3 sa's & 1 sb go to new homes. I'm using that money to partly fund project jog . I ended up ordering a full malosi set up for the jog last night from VT. No fears I still have a sa50, the frankenspree, & the 87 elite s plus a few other non hondas. I will keep you guys posted with pic, progess, & results of my adventure in the world of yamaha. Thank again for the input & advice.

:coolcruise:
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

what did you end up buying for the jog?
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

veedubh20 wrote:the jog has no restriction and just came out from the factory . Jog goes 50mph on stock motor.
This may be true for some jogs, but here in Iowa, not the case. There is a washer in the variator that can be removed for more top speed. The restrictor plate can be taken of the intake and upjet it.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

eliteguy50 wrote:
veedubh20 wrote:the jog has no restriction and just came out from the factory . Jog goes 50mph on stock motor.
This may be true for some jogs, but here in Iowa, not the case. There is a washer in the variator that can be removed for more top speed. The restrictor plate can be taken of the intake and upjet it.[/quote) that is a vino moto , you talking about.

the vino moto 2 stroke has a restrictor plate under intake manifold! differ carb, and small main jet
a jog motor doesnt have a restrictor plate under rubber intake boot. Came from the factory that way!!
3kj carb and big main jet.

jdm 3yk carb are way better has bigger slide, and look exactly like 3kj carb. :rock:

there jets kits on differ size pilot and main jet on stock carb,jog,vino and zuma.

if you are 105lbs rider , you can go fast on a jog/vino. :naughty:

if not, heavy than me, will not go fast.

vino and jog has differ tooth ratios and final drive.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

No, it was on both of my jogs bought here in Iowa, 1993, 1996 and my neighbors 1998. I have never derestricted a Vino, just throw out the stock parts and upgrade. Some states just have tougher laws on scoots (Iowa and Wisconsin for sure). I don't know the laws in GA so I figured I'd mention it just in case.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Gingerbread Man
Spree
Spree

Post by Gingerbread Man »

How is the new step up on the jog?
2007 CH80
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I rode DW's Vino swapped Razz the other day and holy nuts that thing was FAST for all stock. Had to let off before the wheel came up. So not all of these Vino motors are restricted, this one does 40 and gets there insanely fast.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

vino motor. :thumbwink: