Yamaha Jog

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

IowaHondaSpree
BMX
BMX

Re: Yamaha Jog

Post by IowaHondaSpree »

Hello,
I've put about 150 miles on the Jog since I got it, I noticed today while rideing it when i would stop at a stop sign it would jump forward kinda like the clutch was stuck, any ideas on what this could be or if it is even a problem.
snowmobiles
82 John deere liqufire
77 Sno*Jet SST
Yamaha Bravo
76 John Deere Cyclone
78 Kawisaki Intruder
Mopeds
1985 Iowa Honda Spree
1998 Yamaha Jog 50CC
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

IowaHondaSpree wrote:Hello,
I've put about 150 miles on the Jog since I got it, I noticed today while rideing it when i would stop at a stop sign it would jump forward kinda like the clutch was stuck, any ideas on what this could be or if it is even a problem.
you mean it would come to a halt and then lurch (reving up again) or just not release the belt and when you let off the brakes it would start to go again?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
IowaHondaSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by IowaHondaSpree »

No it dont do that, when i pull the the brake to stop and then let off it keeps moving foward * back and fourth.
snowmobiles
82 John deere liqufire
77 Sno*Jet SST
Yamaha Bravo
76 John Deere Cyclone
78 Kawisaki Intruder
Mopeds
1985 Iowa Honda Spree
1998 Yamaha Jog 50CC
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

take the trans cover off and look inside.Thats the only way to know.it sounds like the clutch shoe springs are worn and now there just in engaged mode or stuck roller weight keeping the belt riding higher than normal on the pulley so now the back sheave is spinning faster than it should at idle so clutch is engaging.the only way to kknow is open it up and look inside.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

bakaracer wrote:take the trans cover off and look inside.Thats the only way to know.it sounds like the clutch shoe springs are worn and now there just in engaged mode or stuck roller weight keeping the belt riding higher than normal on the pulley so now the back sheave is spinning faster than it should at idle so clutch is engaging.the only way to kknow is open it up and look inside.
Just remember that the minarelli uses a bearing in the belt cover for the driven shaft so don't go riding off without putting the cover back on properly.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.