My new(ish) Vento Zip R3i

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

Okil69
Spree
Spree

My new(ish) Vento Zip R3i

Post by Okil69 »

Hey guys, I traded my non-running 88' Jog for a fairly decent '04 Vento Zip R3i Turbocam, and it's been giving me a few troubles here and there since Saturday, heres a post I put on Provoscooter.com

I took my '04 R3i on a good road trip today (approx. 20 miles roundtrip) and when I got to my destination (10 miles out) my bike wouldnt start again and my battery was dead, and to add insult to injury we had no jumper cables, so we pulled my moped about 2 miles up the road and asked someone for some jumper cables, we got it started and when I was putting it under a load trying to get it up to speed, it was almost as if it had a misfire, and it was dark so we could see sparks coming out of my exhaust... :*: ..
But we got it home (a very stressful ride...) and we pulled the plug and re-gapped it a little bit and it seemed to do the job. I'm just wondering though, was that the real problem for it to be running like that? if you guys have had any troubles like this please let me know.
Attachments
moped3.jpg
moped3.jpg (74.22 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
moped1.jpg
moped1.jpg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
moped.jpg
moped.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
2004 Vento Zip R3i Turbocam
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: My new(ish) Vento Zip R3i

Post by bakaracer »

Yes a bad plug gap can cause all types of running issues. Make sure that's the correct plug and not a cross referenced plug or similar plug to stock original.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Nice trade bro
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Okil69
Spree
Spree

Post by Okil69 »

Thanks man, I've heard alot about the Ventos and their horizontal minarellis. :) haha. and the electrode around the point on my plug is rusted fairly and we think that might be a small problem too. lol. i dont really know how many miles its got bc the speedo cables out.
2004 Vento Zip R3i Turbocam