yamaha vino

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

tkrocks2
Noob
Noob

yamaha vino

Post by tkrocks2 »

I have a 2002 Yamaha vino I don't like the factory forks I perfer hond spree forks Dose anybody know if honda spree forks will fit on the yamaha vino?
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: yamaha vino

Post by paulpauly7 »

not without some fab work .Why do you want to go backwards spree forks are cr.ap
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
tkrocks2
Noob
Noob

Post by tkrocks2 »

I want to change the forks for a few reason

Reason 1 I like the old honda spree forks they give a nice ride and are easy to control.

Reason 2 My yamaha won't go past 40km/h without shaking in the front I have tried to solve the problem

I checked tire presure,axle bolts are tight,rims not bent,tire is still good,front shock bolts are tight I don't know what else could cause it to shake.
motormike

Post by motormike »

tkrocks2 wrote:I want to change the forks for a few reason

Reason 1 I like the old honda spree forks they give a nice ride and are easy to control.

Reason 2 My yamaha won't go past 40km/h without shaking in the front I have tried to solve the problem

I checked tire presure,axle bolts are tight,rims not bent,tire is still good,front shock bolts are tight I don't know what else could cause it to shake.

I agree with pauly...adapting Spree fork to Vino is a definite step backwards.
There is a problem somewhere, no doubt, but more than likely it is the tire itself.
Tire may look good, but i suspect you would feel a difference with the installation of a new tire.
Also, don't overlook the possibility of the steering head bearings needing tightened/replaced.
If you want to upgrade forks, spend your money on something NEW aftermarket instead of an antique, used Spree.
I believe the tire will be the source of your shaking...honestly.... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
tkrocks2
Noob
Noob

Post by tkrocks2 »

I will try and replace the tire.

I took the bike in for a safety it was the back tire that was causeing the problem I find it kind of funny I have rode bikes with bent rear rims and have never had any kind of shaking in the steering like that.