PLEASE HELP ASAP

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP

Post by martynkim »

BbyINaMicrowave wrote:Is there anything I can do for cheap now to speed my baby up? Without properly warming her up, I got her to 26, and shes been sitting around since last fall. Starts up every time though. Also, what about front suspension upgrades or anything to promote stability. It already has an elite rear shock absorber, so that is perfect for my little bit of added weight. I'm 6'3 and extremely athletic, so I normally sit around 200. But she didnt bottom out at all. Not very even roads too. I'd like to get her to push up to 40, with enough stability so that if I hit a pothole on accident at that speed, I'm not going to be all over the place. Any suggestions or advice is always greatly appreciated. I live in MI, so are roads aren't top notch due to weather.
Thanks.

Warmed up or not that is about top speed on a Stock Spree. You can add a BBK and gears to add speed but, given the non variated engine it has a engine swap is the best option for speed.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Engine swap for sure if you want speed. Or enjoy the spree in its natural glory
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the club of mopeds and scooters! :hi:
I see it hasn't taken long before the 'more speed' bug has bitten. :shock: lol
IMO just enjoy the natural glory of the Spree, it doesn't have much speed but it's fun as heck! :geekdance:
while doing so, save your $ that you would otherwise spend on upgrades, until you have enough to spend it on a faster scoot. :) :coolcruise:
BbyINaMicrowave
Goped
Goped

Post by BbyINaMicrowave »

Well I've read that if I just purchase a bigger cylinder I can get a little more speed. I dont need much, just more than 30 wothout wind. Lmao.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

a bigger bore will add more power but not top speed .Without a variator RPMS or a gear set from taz are your only hope for more speed .A big bore kit a carb kit and exhaust and gears might get you to 40mph but the cost will eat your wallet.For less than the price of all the above stuff you could get the AF05E with a variator from the SE50 mount that and stock with some cvt tuning you will have a monster take off and 45ish mph easy or a AF16 from a elite stroke it to 130cc and do 80mph
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1