Vino BBK jetting & oil pump?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

devenex
Elite
Elite

Vino BBK jetting & oil pump?

Post by devenex »

So I'm helping a buddy put a 70cc kit on his vino and am hoping someone can give me some guidance on the jetting. We'll be keeping the stock carb & airbox, but the exhaust is a LV ZX (he bought it new from the dealer with this pipe 10 yrs ago).

I've read pipe + kit = #85 main jet, but now I'm thinking this is for the zuma which has a stock #80 main while the vino comes with a stock # 64 main. Can anyone offer some guidance here?

Also, I've seen repeatedly that the stock oil pump is ok for the 70cc kit (including info from the manufacturer). How can this be true? Is there something I need to adjust?
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Vino BBK jetting & oil pump?

Post by LMH »

The jetting on the vino should be changed to a 80 from stock, 85-90 for big bore kits and exhaust. The stock pump will do you fine till 12k rpms then I've heard they don't keep up. There's also an upgraded oil pump that scrappy dog sells. It's probably just a jog90 pump tho. I've heard after 8k they're pumping at 20:1 with the stock pump.
I just do away with all my pumps as they only cause trouble. The Yamaha has a much better design than the Hondas but still I don't use mine.
devenex
Elite
Elite

Re: Vino BBK jetting & oil pump?

Post by devenex »

Thanks for the help!

The vino was bogging with the #85, but after I de-snorkeled the airbox everything worked out. My buddy is super psyched to come pick his scooter up later today, and your advice helped big time.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold