stall at high rpm?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

chamisataza
Goped
Goped

stall at high rpm?

Post by chamisataza »

hello.. i have 2006 sym dd50 w/ 72cc polini contesta kit ct manifold 21 oko carb w/ 90 mj 42 pjet uni air pod filter.Rcdi(blue)7.9.1 gearing.a/fmixture 1.5 turn out.my scooter runs fast but sometimes on a speed of 50+ mph it stall/stop engine seems like coughing or misfiring and then stop slowly then engine die,..so what i do put my scooter on a side walk start kicking start w/ manual choke is start again and run fast it seems nothing happen until i reached my house.it happens once in a while.inconsistent. i don't know what the problem on my scooter i try to put back the stock carb w/ 95mj it happens also so i put back the 21 oko...pls help..
bigreed
Goped
Goped

Re: stall at high rpm?

Post by bigreed »

What pipe? I run 95-100 mj on my 70cc stock manifold w 19mm carb
Last edited by bigreed on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 Elite 50S GPS coming soon 9520rpm
|Airsal|Scorpion|Arreche|Uni|outerwear|ncy|8.4|TrailTech

87 elite 50 S :-D
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Sounds like a soft seize. What are your temps at that speed?
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

yms v8 short..exhaust..i already try 100mj ,103mj it comes on the stock 21 oko 105mj,and 110 mj. still it happens like coughing and stall.thats what i am thinking soft seize but after it stall/engine die on the street it start by kick and manual choke if it is soft seize i should wait for the engine to cool down and it will start again..i try to order that temp gauge.. any recommendation or any brand will do or who's the best seller in ebay?
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

just to add up before when i am using the stock carb on my 21 oko w/88 mj 1 turn out a/f mix it runs fast and good no problem until i bought the 21 oko and put it w/ct manifold i also ported the intake window on my block from there i experiencing that problem its almost 1 year now never get solution i am thinking maybe i ported the window of my boost port thats why it happening like that coughing/stall...
Last edited by chamisataza on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

yup i mess up on my terms i just don't know how to call it but i corrected it already( intake window...)"when i am using my stock carb on my 72cc polini" what i mean i am sorry for mixing term..thanks for confirming that is not the issue the intake window i ported ,thats what i fell i have a bogus/fake carb that i ordered on eBay.I bought oko because guys in hawaii uses oko and much cheaper..but right now i have an extra engine honda elite 2001 af16 i bought this scooter because i thought i mess up my ported intake window that why its happening like that..i will just use the engine to put it on my sym dd50.that will be my project on summer/spring since its winter ..and i don't know what size of temp.gauge ring i am using ngk br8hsa..
Last edited by chamisataza on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

i have now my temp gauge trailtech i put it right away as soon it arrived. i changed the main jet from 90 to 110 mj with 42pj w/ a/f mix 1.75 turn out.needle position on the 4th on the richer side, i tested it go w/ the ride.when i am on the 50 mph temp is 320F it cough and stall again so i give a kick start w/ a manual choke it start again so i went back home on my garage change my mj i put back the 90 mj and it run smooth w/ temp reaches 400F w/ 1mile WOT but when it on 50s mid-range 350-380F. is my temp doing right/ok on that speed and why on the 110mj it stall and cough and also reaches 400F on WOT,it should not be reaches 400F because its bigger mj means more gas.i am just wandering? any insight..
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

where can i locate that vacuum leak?
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

i tested that before i spray on the carb and manifold while the engine is on and it did not stop the engine/idle good so where is that vacuum leak
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

could be at any gasket
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

i am still using the oil pump,i will check the leaks weather permits still too cold here in Va.
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

if i premix whats the best/good ratio?to delete the pump can i tie a wire to make it permanently open..
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

how can you lower my temps?
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

well i just found my one of my allerens volt nut is loose thread on the ct manifold not the base the second part where the rubber tube is connected.and when i remove the base manifold the gasket is not well good to reuse..can i use gasket maker like rtv/perminix?do i need to order/buy new ct manifold sense one of my nut is loose thread.and my piston have scratches but the piston ring is still good not bonded to the piston.and also i am trying to make my intake window bigger i went to Lowes and bought those file i am removing the J-B weld that i put it there..
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

you cant do port windows with the motor together.You will get shavings in the crank then you motor will be really buggered .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1