Manifold Locker?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Manifold Locker?

Post by chamisataza »

hi,my manifold stud/bolt is keep loosening maybe because of vibration.i put medium strength thread locker blue on the bolt of my manifold,any experiences?the red is for high strength you have to heat it 500F to remove it
Last edited by chamisataza on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
motormike

Re: Manifold Locker?

Post by motormike »

chamisataza wrote:it loosen cuz of vibration but its not loose thread does it work?any experiences?
I've read your post several times.
I do not understand your question.
Can you try again please... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

ALL of our engines vibrate. I've never had a problem with these fasteners loosening. Threads for Loctite and other such products can't just be smeared on. The threads of the fastener must be prepared by thorough cleaning with solvent and finished with Acetone so that ALL the oil is removed. The Blue product should be plenty. In fact if the hex nut or bolt is torqued down with the right tension, the "spring" of the compressed gasket should prevent any loosening. If the threads in the Aluminum are stripped, something very easy to do, no locker will stop it from backing out. Examine and assess the threads, and use a new gasket and a torque wrench. By the way, I've used Red product many times and if you have good tools and leverage and patience, it doesn't require heating to remove.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
ClemSpree
Spree
Spree

Post by ClemSpree »

You can always drill and safety wire them. Red locktite is for advanced wrenches and only for specialty purposes, I consider it just below tack welding. 99.999% of normal work will never involve red.
84 Aero125 Goldie, For Sale, parts bikes too
09 Stella For Sale
86 Razz
87 YSR50
56 LD150
79 P200
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

thanks to all who give their side comments right now its working good no loosening after a couple of runs