'87 Yamaha Jog CE50t

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

cottonballs36
Noob
Noob

'87 Yamaha Jog CE50t

Post by cottonballs36 »

Hey new to the site but loaded with questions. First i am rebuilding my 87 jog due to it sitting for about 10 years. The piston was siezed and the whole nine yards. All has been freed and cleaned, new gaskets and all. Now i had the scooter running for a day but couldnt run it due to a massivley bent rim. All of a sudden i lost spark. Now i am getting power to the coil but is very very low. My first guess is the stator but cannot find one for the life of me. Before i go running around spending tons on unique parts i am curious if anyone has any suggestions or thing i may be able to try.
Wheelman-111

Re: '87 Yamaha Jog CE50t

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The fact that it started and ran for a day narrows things down a little. I'll assume you removed the magnetic flywheel, but didn't damage the stator in the process? (Since it did run...) Is it possible the flywheel wasn't torqued down correctly, and has slipped down the conical section of the shaft and gone a-wobble? Look for wires - like the coil wires - that got loosened in dismantling or perhaps pinched as you bolted stuff back on.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH