minarelli corsa tuning issues

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

hothatch85
Elite
Elite

minarelli corsa tuning issues

Post by hothatch85 »

hey guys, im having a tough time getting my old mina corsa tuned right. the guy i sold it to complained it will dump and dump fuel from the float bowl.

well there was alot wrong with it, he really let it go.

the main reason i got this bike back was because he wanted his new malossi gears installed so i whipped that out quick and the ratio is now right around 11:1 i tried to compensate for the ratio change by swapping in yellow springs and bumping the weights up from 6 4s to 3 4s and 3 4.5 g i think i need to go back down to the 6 4g because the rpms dip a little but the part thats getting me is when the rpms come back up the bike runs badddddd. i pulled the plug and the top end looked really lean. i put the rain cover on the filter and bumped the main up from an 80 to an 85.

now the bike feels richer, more hesitation and it still chops when the rpms drop then rise back up from the weights. i tried pushing it and to get rpms higher i was right around 10350rpm and then 100% loss of power and the bike like locked up and died, rolled to a stop and it fired right up. towed it back home and the plug looks a little rich?? :( i figured if it "seized" then it was lean. i cant get it past 56mph.

the idle will change all the time. if i rev it up a bit ill be stuck at 3500 rpms and i have adjust the idle for it to drop then its too low!! like 1200rpms with the idle screw all the way in. ill rev it back up and its again stuck at 3500 rpms so i have to back it back the idle screw back off and repeat repeat.- i think an air leak?

i know this is alot but there was alot wrong. the spark plug was hand tight, missing bolts left and right. help me out
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Re: minarelli corsa tuning issues

Post by 1man8scoots »

Clean the carb. Sounds like it's clogged up. Also you need a 90-95 in the stock tk. 85 jet is for a sport kit.