Chinese Roketa 2t Scooter?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

johnny248
Elite
Elite

Chinese Roketa 2t Scooter?

Post by johnny248 »

For some reason I was thinking about buying on of these. For $900 shipped, with disc brake, and some other nice features, it sounds like a good deal for a new machine.

http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/scooters ... Supposedly it has a Minarelli Clone 2T 49cc engine.

I was told that basically any Minarelli parts work with it.

I was thinking of doing a mild BBK kit, pipe, cvt stuff to make it a little more fun and fast.

Has anyone had any experience with something like this? Would I be making a big mistake buying of these Chinese scooters? Is this "Clone" engine really a copy of a Minarlli? Is the engine quality good? Would I be able to use the available performance parts for a Minarlli? Overall, how are the quality on these things?

Thanks
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Chinese Roketa 2t Scooter?

Post by MrJumps »

Well ive heard horrible things about tao tao and there made by the same people, im 90% sure. I mean if you know how to work on a scooter and have someone who can always pick you up just in case it could be worth it for a fun little town scooter, but I would not wanna rely on it. Ive had a few Chinese scooter/gokart vehicles before. The engines last but everything around them deteriorates. I had a china electric scooter when I was young and that thing literally ran forever. But china parts and bikes are really hit and miss.

Sounds like a deal though if you could find it cheaper and it has a valid title.

http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/media/Sc ... Engine.jpg <-- Picture from their website The image is title gy6, possible its a 4t mislabel.

The way I would go is, buy a china scooter from a local farmers market that has got a dead engine and put your own engine in it.
http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/50cc ... ngine.html <--- different place but looks like a "replacement" engine

" PLEASE NOTE:
There are several different versions of 1E40QMB engines used in the scooter market. Please be sure to check the detailed specifications and dimensions on our specifications page (tab titled "Specs") prior to ordering.
"

Style: Long case
Engine type: Single Cylinder 2-Stroke
Cooling: Air Cooled
Displacement: 49cc
Output shaft length: 80 mm
Shaft to mount distance: 14-3/4"
Bore & Stroke: 39.2 mm X 40 mm
Max Power: 4.97 HP@ 500 rpm
Max Torque: 4.8 N-m/7000 rpm
Min Unload Stable Rotation (rpm): 1600 rpm +/- 100 rpm
Ignition: Electronic (CDI)
Transmission: Automatic (CVT)
Spark plug: NGH C7HSA

Looks like if that matches up with a true Minarlli then your good to go. Can try to call them but most of the time they have no idea. Best of luck - Jumps
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Buy a used jog from 92-01 or a zuma and it will last you 4 times as long with readily available kits, varios, gears, cranks, and body parts. Trying to find fork for some china bikes is rough also. Sometimes they go Rouge and use odd ball sizes.
Just my 2c.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

I was also looking at a Sym Jet 50 Evo? I *think* these are a little more of a real brand. I looked at one at the dealer and it looked like it was pretty good build quality, but when trying to do some googling, I wasn't able to find much info on the ability to modify or make them faster other than removing the exhaust and air box restrictors.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hello johnny248... :hi:
After being involved with scooters for 8 years, and being a motorcycle enthusiast for more than 40,
I have found that Roketa is very high on the list of "junk Chinese"
There are examples of both good and bad, sure.
My point = buy Japanese and have an entirely pleasant experience with motorbikes.
It's a numbers thing...the more you deal with Chinese bikes, the more trouble you will have....especially
when you start modifying them.
This is an opinion, one that I share with hundreds of thousands of riders and shop owners.
Choose wisely...mm... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Don't buy a sym jet. Nothing but problems and slow. G9 was looking at one too and I saved him from the head ache. We get a few of them in the shop and they always suck.
motormike

Post by motormike »

1man8scoots wrote:Don't buy a sym jet. Nothing but problems and slow. G9 was looking at one too and I saved him from the head ache. We get a few of them in the shop and they always suck.
The SYM company is good with regards to quality of materials and workmanship, at least in my own experience with a SYM Wolf Classic 150.
The Jet EVO scooter is pretty slow in OEM trim...looks good though... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I work for a sym dealership, the wolf is a spry bike with a high rev limit for a 150. Unfortunately the jet is too heavy and low powered in my opinion. Also they have quite a bit of gremlins.