Weights?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Weights?

Post by chamisataza »

Who have better performance ?
slider weights or roller weights?
motormike

Re: Weights?

Post by motormike »

I have limited experience comparing the performance between the two,
but found that the Dr Pulley Sliders installed in an Aero 125 changes the mid-range to increase the response in a very good way.
As always, different grams will react in different ways.
I found that after several thousand miles of use, the sliders show virtually no wear, whereas the standard OEM rollers in the same amount of use would most certainly be worn with flat spots.
Result: I prefer sliders and will use them in other scooters when it's time to tune-up... :wink:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

I had got a set of dr pulley sliders by mistake in an order for rollers. They told me to keep them and sent my roller weights. Well, one day I needed some roller weights for a friends stock sa50 elite but only had those sliders on hand so I figured out how to install them (follow the directions)....... and I was so amazed at the wider power band and performance seemed so much stronger, but then I just thought it was my "tuning skills" so...... :urban:
Well, I personally still use roller weights because they are less expensive and I have plenty of them, but also the fact that I can't remember if you're supposed to go a gram heavier on sliders versus the roller weights you are running, or a gram lighter on the sliders......... :confused: .........I think it's recommended to go one gram lighter on the sliders versus the optimum size roller weights that you are using. Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong. Thanks for the topic!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
motormike

Post by motormike »

bonesv wrote:I think it's recommended to go one gram lighter on the sliders
I remember the instructions do instruct to use sliders that are ONE GRAM LIGHTER (each weight) than OEM roller weight.
In my Aero 125, OEM rollers are 21 grams each.
The sliders I used were 19's at first, but I bought another set of 15 grams sliders and have left those in, as they take off better, and lose virtually NO top speed. YMMV... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

Hmmm, I was under the impression that sliders should be a gram or so heavier than the rollers they're replacing.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Sliders must be a gram at minimum lighter. For obvious reasons such as geometry of their shape vs ramping. If you maintain the same weight you will see a decrease in low end as they will move the ramping too fast and you will snail off the line. As far as wear and tear, they do not last longer but they wear faster. I deal with them every day. Some times they wear with in 1500 miles. The wear isn't in rounding it is in weight and size, also they wear out a variator faster.
I suspense if you're using a low powered engine it won't wear as fast but in my opinion the rollers are easier to tune and on a real performance engine they're not the route I would ever go.
I have 3 sets of 7g sliders to sell if someone wants to try them. I absolutely despise their "performance".
Mike is right in the fact that you loose virtually no top end. It's the bottom and mid that suffers compared to a properly tuned transmission.
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

thanks for the response i just pop up this question when i ordered Polini corsa a 6g slider came with it as a free stuff..i have never use it before.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

graphite9 wrote:
chamisataza wrote:thanks for the response i just pop up this question when i ordered Polini corsa a 6g slider came with it as a free stuff..i have never use it before.

Your corsa kit came with polini sliders.....
He must have bought it from a ruckus guy.....lol.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

it is not included in the corsa kit box. Inside the USPS box is corsa kit and 6g slider.
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

i mean 1 full set =6pcs.of slider.did not try it yet i am still lazy to build my scooter when i look at price of that slider on his site about $11 on sale (16x13 6g slider wts.)
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

the polini contessa and corsa almost look the same how do they differ?
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

there no brand i guess its generic.it a color orange slider.. dynoscooter.com
chamisataza
Goped
Goped

Post by chamisataza »

i know,but they have Dr.pulley too. i will try that if my scooter is running/tune already.
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

1man8scoots wrote:Sliders must be a gram at minimum lighter. For obvious reasons such as geometry of their shape vs ramping. If you maintain the same weight you will see a decrease in low end as they will move the ramping too fast and you will snail off the line. As far as wear and tear, they do not last longer but they wear faster. I deal with them every day. Some times they wear with in 1500 miles. The wear isn't in rounding it is in weight and size, also they wear out a variator faster.
I suspense if you're using a low powered engine it won't wear as fast but in my opinion the rollers are easier to tune and on a real performance engine they're not the route I would ever go.
I have 3 sets of 7g sliders to sell if someone wants to try them. I absolutely despise their "performance".
Mike is right in the fact that you loose virtually no top end. It's the bottom and mid that suffers compared to a properly tuned transmission.
Ahhh, I was totally wrong there. I knew this, too- must have needed another cup of coffee or one less dab.

I'm running 9gr rollers in my ch80 and its bogging down hard when the variator moves to high ratio. Was thinking of trying sliders but want the same effect as 8gr rollers...
But what I'm reading here suggests that it will suck.
May try 8 gram rollers and put the grease and seal back in...
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm hoping you try out the sliders. I've been wondering about them too. It seems to me that you get flat spots on the rollers any way, and they end up shaped kinda like sliders. And my rollers always have slide marks so I don't think there "rolling" haha.