What can you do with a Jog?

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

What can you do with a Jog?

Post by Kustomkarma »

I have the opportunity to buy a Yamaha Jog Next Zone (?) for $100. It's in rough condition, but supposedly runs. I have only worked on Hondas, so I don't really know much about these. Are parts easy to find, can they be made to perform, are they worth building, etc.? I've seen some built ones online, but literally anything can be made to perform if you spend enough $. Thoughts?
bonesv

Re: What can you do with a Jog?

Post by bonesv »

Kustomkarma wrote:I have the opportunity to buy a Yamaha Jog Next Zone (?) for $100. It's in rough condition, but supposedly runs. I have only worked on Hondas, so I don't really know much about these. Are parts easy to find, can they be made to perform, are they worth building, etc.? I've seen some built ones online, but literally anything can be made to perform if you spend enough $. Thoughts?
Yea, i have a thought. To me, these older, "running" scooters have mostly been "money pits" of a sort depending on the intentions. If you are planning to spend a lot anyways to build a "ba-dass scooter", then jump on it! For $100 it may be the deal of the summer......go with your gut. If it's a horizontal motor (I think it is), then you should be able to find the parts easily. Get a title if you live in Fl.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

I do live in Florida :) but this thing doesn't have a title. Mostly just curious if if its worth messing with or not. I'm really partial to my Hondas. :coolcruise:
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Kustomkarma wrote:I do live in Florida :) but this thing doesn't have a title. Mostly just curious if if its worth messing with or not. I'm really partial to my Hondas. :coolcruise:
It might be profitable to part it out......
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Well... I went and bought the thing. It turns out it's a 1995 with about 650 miles on it. Aside from some spray paint and some broken plastic, it doesn't look that bad. Anyone got a frame with a title for one of these things?
motormike

Post by motormike »

You would be doing a service to your fellow-man to have the VIN checked by police.
There's a reason it has so few miles on it and a spray-bomb paint job.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Already checked all of those things and it looks clear.
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

I think the kid that owned it was just your typical kid. It shows signs of being wheelied and flipped over backwards then crashed.