sym dd50 project

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

kekahuna808
Noob
Noob

sym dd50 project

Post by kekahuna808 »

howzit recently had my dd stolen my uncle went build me that one but he passed on and cannot help me or build mopeds so I'm on my own. my old one was hitting around 75-80 mph on flat ground fast acceleration and cut through wind like nothing. I just picked up a new one trying to get to the same specs i had. i got 2015 sym right now its got the sleeper kit from glens cycle supply so its bored out but doesn't have to much torque I'm pulling around 55 with no head wind and a slow acceleration. right now i picked up a 28 oko carb, new manifold, heavy clutch, new pully, and going to swap the clutch springs for the blue polinis and get a pg long. wondering what else i should put on and also if i need other jets than the stock oko ones and where and how i change em. also if i should put in a dio mini stroker cuz i had that on my old one, what difference would that make on em and if i need to change any gears and which ones i should get. mahalo for any insight and help can post pics if need and any pics would help me pleny.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Re: sym dd50 project

Post by Meloshameless »

Im gonna give u my honest opinion here. Those parts are all taiwan junk. If u were doing 75-80 on ur old set up had to be cuz it was a stroker and tall gears. Go to Scooterswapshop.com and ger the cherry parts. Naraku intake, polini carb, vari. Malossi belt and yellow contra. Really wanna kill the game out there? Get his yasuni pipe, not many out there have it or know much about its potential. His arrow is awesome too. Im running the shorter 9:1 gears doing 70-75 on a stock crank. Shooting off the line like a rocket with the wheel a foot off the ground for like 20 feet.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified