2008 Hyosung SF50R

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

Ultraliner

2008 Hyosung SF50R

Post by Ultraliner »

I don't know a whole heap about this thing yet, other than that for $400 it would have been rude not to have it sitting in my garage.

Dude reckons he parked it up after a ride in 2014 and it sat collecting dust ever since. Any remnants of fuel have long turned to vapor and the battery is now pretty much a paperweight. The bodywork is all fine, brakes work and compression feels pretty good ;)

If anyone has anything good or bad to say about these i'd be keen to hear about it!!
Attachments
54008.jpg
54008.jpg (247.16 KiB) Viewed 9428 times
motormike

Re: 2008 Hyosung SF50R

Post by motormike »

...only that a good friend owned the Hyosung 250 class sporty-cycle
and still today reminisces of it's fine good quality, reliability, and zippiness.
Sweet as... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Thank you Mike ;) The 250 Hyosung is a fairly common sight over here so I figure they can't be too bad.

It would seem the only thing stopping this from being a runner was a very badly installed carb - intake pipe O ring and the only thing stopping it running properly was the complete lack of any airbox innards. Both have now been rectified and runs and rides great!

Have noticed that on idle the headlight is very dim but brightens up with a few rpm and that the voltage across the battery only ever gets to about 12.6V. I would expect charge voltage to be up over 13.5V and that with a good battery the engine rpm shouldn't affect the brightness of the headlight too much so am thinking a regulator/rectifier issue?

A new one was only $25 from Hyosung Korea so have ordered it anyway... The month long wait is the painful part grr!!
Attachments
O Ring Resized.jpg
O Ring Resized.jpg (80.14 KiB) Viewed 9397 times
andydroid2015
Noob
Noob

Post by andydroid2015 »

ImageI have this bike and it's great. :peace:
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »