QLink Star-50 Question

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

Stan1999
Noob
Noob

QLink Star-50 Question

Post by Stan1999 »

I have a 2008 QLink Star-50. It is a 2-stroke 49.xx cc. I got it used so don't know its history.

It has 2,800 miles on it. (I've put about 800 miles on it since owning it) Up to 20 miles ago, it ran real good. Good power, 30-35mph, no issues.

So just for prevention, I added 2-3 ounces of Sea-Foam to about 1 gallon of gas. After 15 miles or so, it started to bog past 1/2 throttle.

I could slowly get up to speed, but bogged down and basically quit running past 1/2 throttle.

I tried it today, ran ok for 2 minutes when cold, then bogged down past 1/4 throttle and could barely accelerate.

Idles fine, but smells rich and oily.

I have made no adjustments since I got it.

The only thing that changed was the Sea-Foam.

Could anyone help me with simple causes for this? (Not take out engine and completely rebuild it)

Thanks
bonesv

Re: QLink Star-50 Question

Post by bonesv »

Hmmm. So just dump the gas out and don’t do that again. I could guess all sorts of reasons why it did that but #1)it’s a Chinese scooter. #2)if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. #3)there may have been other contributing factors so unless there has been a long history of the running condition and maintenance there’s no use to assume anything. #4)the seafoam has changed the ratio of fuel to air and you should not do that. #5)you may have injured the motor. Check compression after dumping the “seafoam fuel” and being sure it still runs ok.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Stan1999
Noob
Noob

Re: QLink Star-50 Question

Post by Stan1999 »

Thanks! I'll do that!