Anyone Spree-Knowledgeable Person in Michigan??

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

bsquared
Noob
Noob

Anyone Spree-Knowledgeable Person in Michigan??

Post by bsquared »

I'm interested in buying a Spree (my first) and found an '84 in Canton, MI that's advertised as non-running, but will probably end-up selling for really cheap because of it. It looks to be in really nice shape and I'm hoping to find someone locally who can take a look at it and figure-out what it needs to be road-ready.

Here's the meat of the description - 'This moped has been sitting for a while and we're not sure if it will start up without some routine maintenance, but it did work the last time it was used. The muffler needs to be reattached to the body.'

Anyone willing to take a look? If not, can anyone provide a checklist of the things I should/can check to better assess the mechanical condition of this nice little scooter?

Thanks.
timcat
Elite
Elite

Post by timcat »

there are a few of us from mi on here . im in flint and thats an iowa spree they only go like 20 -25 mph but they can be modded
Wheelman-111

If You Can Find a Better Spree Cheaper, Buy It - Lee Iacocca

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

That looks spectacular. Lowbally them because it won't run.

The fuel system is probably gummed up, and that's about it. Search "The Beast" :twisted: for the worst case ever. I'd buy it myself if I lived closer, and I hate Sprees... :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bsquared
Noob
Noob

Post by bsquared »

I noticed the 'Iowa' indication and thought that was simply a dealer-thing. So this model is less of a performer than a standard 50cc Spree? A Google search didn't come-up with much. Can you provide an additional info on what makes an Iowa Spree an Iowa Spree?

Thanks!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Its considerably slower than a standard spree, and normal sprees are slow.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
timcat
Elite
Elite

Post by timcat »

i got my iowa spree going 30 soon to be 35 from all the info people share with me on here
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

That bodywork's funky... the left side rear panel looks like an '87, with the integrated petcock cover, but it's a 84-86 rear rack and lights. Something else to * over.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products