Does anybody know anything about the pre minerelli JOGS

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

beefy
BMX
BMX

Does anybody know anything about the pre minerelli JOGS

Post by beefy »

getting a pre minerelli Jog my dads picking it up today. It's in horrible shape, but we are only payed 60 dollars for it. Some of it's in parts and we're gonna put it back together for my brother because he doesn't have a bunch of money and we want him to be able to scoot with us. Does anybody Know anything at all about these scooters? Any aftermarket? Stock top speed? Absolutly any info would be appreciated, thanks
beefy
BMX
BMX

Post by beefy »

sorry wrong section of the forum
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

is it a jog? what year? i thought the pre minarelli jogs were called razz's...
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

scooterwerx wrote:is it a jog? what year? i thought the pre minarelli jogs were called razz's...
nope, they are different

pre mina jogs are modable but have cvt, not chain drive like the razz

can download service manual for pre mina jog on scootertime.net, check it out

your jog should do 35-40mph
projects galore :nerd:
beefy
BMX
BMX

Post by beefy »

thanks I've been looking for one
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

pre minarelli jogs had the same vertical engine, just with CVT? or totally different? there is a JDM Mint, the razz from japan, around town here, it had 8" wheels, and an engine like nothing i had ever seen before. the exhaust came out the back of the cylinder, and the intake was out the front! it looked like a piston port engine, no visible reed cage, it was weird!!!
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

you can find bore kits for those jogs.They are called duck bill jogs.the bore kits are for the 89-01 zuma and also look under yamaha bws.They also have pipes too.lots of stuff for that engine.I got one too its a late 86 in factory yellow.not many was sold in that color.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
beefy
BMX
BMX

Post by beefy »

I was wondering if it was the same engine as the vertical zuma. I figured since the was such a large year gap between them it would probably be different. Thats good to know because I have a horizontal zuma and get on the zuma forums so I know a little bit about them and have a place to learn more.

The engine on it looks a lot like the Honda engines in our scoots with the exhaust port in front of the cylinder, and it has a CVT transmission. It also has 10 inch rims it looks like we're gonna be able to use some older tires we had on an Aero on it. As far as the duck bill thing I can see why they would call it that but ours is gonna be naked and we're going to have figure out a way to mount some turn signals a light and the speedo but we think we've got it figured out.

Do you know if it's the same transmission as the older zumas and would it use the same jets thanks?