Twin dio possible?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Twin dio possible?

Post by tru72 »

tazland001 wrote:wow that looks kewl. I understand what you are doing but could never do anything like that. What a neat tool you got there. I got a wrench. lol.

No but really hats off. Cant wait to see more. The question is whos gonna ride that thing pegged.

Taz
raises hand :crazy:

im glad you went with that idea i told you about for the manifolds. i think it will work awesome with having it direct port to the cases.
Looks pretty close to that pic i showed you as well :)
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

Now that's badass! Do you have access to a 5 or 6 axis mill?
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Are you going to put an eye on the bottom of that machined case or just rely on the two stock Honda eyes for the engine hanger?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Which side would you have the extra case stick out also? stator or variator side? I can only imagine on a street bike it will be a mouse trap also, tap the throttle and you flip over.
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I have acces to a 3 axis cnc that will be just fine for this project.

There wont be an extra eye. The bike will require a special extended swingarm to accomadate the wider engine and more HP.

The stator side will be the prodruding side. The rear wheel must be on the bike centerline, which means that the CVT cyl will be in the stiock locatiuon with the stator cyl hanging out. Not really made for carving canyons.

I though about this some more, and I think that I may have put the intake port chamfer on the wrong side. I will look at it later and pursue further.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Great project - fun to see the process from foam models :thumbsup:
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

New plan. I have an engine case that was destroyed by an attempt at boring out the case. With the new intake design that I would like to use, I decided that it was time for a new approach.

Basically I took the cases down to the bearing surface in an attempt to
1: Accurately locate the mounting holes and determine depth.
2: determine the webbing thickness for mounting studs
3: Allow for a complete rethink of the crank housing and allow for more mobile intake mountings.

I am having trouble using the CT intakes and maintaining the integrity of an of-the-shelf exhaust system. I plan on pounding out the center section of the motor this weekend and determining intake design afterwards.

I also would like to see if we can split this thread from the discussion part, to the buildup. Mods?!
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I have been sitting on this for a bit. As of late, I have been waiting on my tooling to arrive as well as find a piece of foam big enough for me to cut into.

Well, that time has arrived...
Either I may go to work tonight and play, or tomorrow, but at some point, the magic happens. Goal here is to lay down the G-Code that I will need to reproduce this in aluminum.

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

awesome job man!!!
just cnc out new manifolds to your liking!
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

Well, I got bored last night and went to work... Does that make sense?

Anyway, Did a little running of the machine. I have a feeling that I may have to do this in two blocks as predicted before. I have drill bits long enough to drill the holes that I need, but I just dont have the travel on my CNC.

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

:thumbwink:
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I am curious. What are you going to use for the ignition system? Are you just going to add a pulse somehow or use an ignition set up off another bike?

Also what will the stroke be compared to stock?

And what about vibration?

Are you putting this in a sa50 frame?

I have seen plenty of AF16 crankshafts break on the variator side of the case. Do you think with the added HP stress might be an issue on the integrity of the crank.

Figured I would ask a few questions :naughty:

Taz
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I was originally going to splice in a a second pulse pickup into the bike and a separate coil and it 180* from the current one. After some looking, that may be difficult. Second though was to put another magnet on the stator and drive two coils, but the second pulse for the second engine would set off the first cylinder at ~BDC when fuel is pushed in and not compressed. After some thinking, I will leave that up in the air for now. I have some ideas, but nothing solid yet.

Currently, the stroke will be from a stock pair of cranks. my first idea is to build two stock setups and smash them together. 98-100cc for testing. Once I feel that it is functional, Ill send it to someone that know what they are doing.

The engine will be 180* out of sync. Vibration should be reduced.

Once all * has been washed out of it, I have a sb50p frame that would take on the motor. My design will be inspired by Burnt Toast's white ride. That is far down the road for me right now.

This is news to me on the variator. My initial though is that you see failures though the cyclic stress of the single cyl engine. I think that with two, you will see a smoother power delivery. If/when I snap one, Ill figure out what I need to do. Is it aftermarket cranks that crap out or is it all cranks in general?

Right now I am determining the best solution for the machining issues that I am running into. I also need to get a chunk of aluminum, which has been the most difficult part as of yet.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

you need to have a carb side put in it as well..
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »