Aero 50 polini kit w/custom pipe and stage 6 carb

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Aero 50 Airsal kit w/custom pipe and carb

Post by benji »

Here's the ghetto fix. Not firing yet. If it does I'll ride the * outta it til she burns up n put in a new one, or af18 or 16
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

If you have a corded drill, use it to start the motor it may have lowered compression and also listen to see if the rod was bent and is knocking or not hitting tdc. Put a new plug and a half a cap od traight gas down the spark plug hole and run 20:1 premix on it until it runs again or if it runs again. Also put honda bond all over your fingerprinted fix to keep any air from leaking and being sneekie breeki.

Also btw I would say go after an af16.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I know, a 16 or an 18 would be so much easier to get parts for. But if that's really what I'm trying to do then I should probably go with a minarelli motor or something, as there are more parts available for those. I do have a zuma motor just sitting here. What do you guys think- zuma horizontal, af18 or 16, or stay stock?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Well I was saying a eio type motor because the motor mount is easier to fab up and swap because the whole honda like is very close. Plus the dio is super flush in parts. But its you bike you life, do what you want to do. *whispers* 50whp vert zuma .
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ya well see what I can afford haha. Still can't get it to start, bout to break it down and seperate the good parts from the rest.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Did you try using a drill and quickly skinning it?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

No not yet. Just hitting the starter. Are you supposed to do that on the flywheel side or variator side?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Ive only seen them do it variator side, mainly because the pan blocks the stator side. Just start off slow and work your way up.

Also have you checked for a spark, you may have accidently bumped something.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I got spark, I've got battery ( two fresh ones on the charger) n I've got fuel. I haven't done a compression test, but I feel it pushing air. I think it's bad, I saw some pieces of the piston are cracked off the bottom and one of the Rings is bad. I'm pretty sure this one's beyond my ability to fix haha.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Have any rc car fuel or straight 93? I bet it would start on that with just one ring lol. I say try to get it to run on starter fluid or something and just make a video of you blowing it up for good. I mean the case has eye seen damage the bore is probably trashed if the piston is screwed im sure the crank has some bad wear if not bent rod. Don't let this be a downer, now you have a reason to build another motor. The real question is how did that bolt get there?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Kinda what I'm wondering, but I mean I'm not running a filter either, just straight bell mouth. It coulda sucked it in I guess. I've been spraying carb cleaner in there like crazy, and that usually works haha. I think I might have some more problems in the case or reeds, maybe the cranks bad.
Oh well, gonna pull my "good" parts off and start looking for a replacement, just gonna have to keep building haha.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

A straight bell mouth is not that good of an idea, ive seen all kinds of small wild life and bugs get sucked ito tue reed cage, but that screw may be from your reeds.

Ever heard of the squirel in the cold air intake before, he got in the intake all the way up to the block, then the dude tried starting his r7 it kept stalling until he gave it a little gas and it started up and in a minute later stalled out the squirrel had tried climbing up and eventually got to weak and was sucked into the dudes rotory and he had to buy all new seals and a rotor housing. He was lucky the squirl didnt do worst. Ended up seeing pictures of all the blood from where the intake had screaded its insides and suxked it in.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I wanna stretch it anyways, so I might go w that. Jumps, I was planning on running a filter attached to the bellmouth, but I didn't get it ordered before I got it running :/
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Dang that sucks, Now im worried about my case having something fall in it. :sad:
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

Post by NB50clonePGO6GOD »

benji wrote:Check it out, modified an elite e rack to fit. Looks a Lil sleeker than the fac one.
Image Image

*beep beep vroom vrruuhh vruuhh vruhh* oh sorry my bad my scooter looked to hot it made scooter drop a * xD
People playing with my clone I let it slide with em, still tipping on 3.0's belt ramping the CVT ON PGOS!

Too quick, TURN UP!